wedding day

summary: you & tom get married & have your first dance.

warnings: just sweet fluff 🥺

"You may kiss the bride" the priest said with a smile, looking happily at you & tom.

you smiled brightly at tom as he pulled you closer so you were flush against him, moving a hand to your cheek before bringing you in for a long kiss. cheers & smiles filled the chapel as you two shared your special moment, but it all sounded distant as you melted into tom's touch.

you smiled into the kiss as your fingers gripped the lapel's on his suit, bringing you both closer. once you both pulled away, you catches your breath before walking hand in hand down the aisle as music played.

"mr. & mrs. holland everyone!" the priest yelled as claps filled the room, making it feel more unreal.

once you & tom were out of the chapel you turned to him & hugged him tightly, smile never fading.

"i can't believe your my husband now" you said to him, lifting your head from his shoulder to see his face.

"& i can't believe your my wife, i wouldn't want anyone else" tom replied, admiring you again in your dress, feeling like this was a dream.

"so... mr. holland, will you accompany me to our reception?" you asked, running your fingers through his hair a little as he closed at his eyes for a moment, enjoying the gesture.

"yes, i'd love to mrs. holland" he replied with a laugh before picking you up & carrying you bridal style to the car.

once you both sat down, you looked at tom as he started to pull out of the parking lot, heading to the small reception hall that you both picked out months ago. you felt tears prick your eyes as you looked at his wedding ring, then looking at yours.

"i love you tom" you said quietly, placing your hand on top of his that was resting on the gear shift, holding it tightly.

"i love you too y/n" he said back, stopping at a red light so he could turn his head to peck your lips quickly, smiles bright as ever.

**********

"please welcome the newly wed couple, tom & y/n!" you heard tom's dad say into the microphone as you & tom headed into the hall, claps, cheers & flashing lights welcomed you in.

you held tom's hand as you walked onto the dance floor, smiling at the small group of friends & family who gathered to celebrate.

"hello everyone, thank you all for showing up. me & y/n are really happy you all could join us for our special day, it wouldn't have been so magical without all of your support, honestly" tom said into the microphone his dad handed to him, looking at you every now & then.

"today has been the best day of my life, getting to have this lovely lady as my wife makes me the luckiest person alive, because i still can't believe that she reciprocated feelings for me, an absolute twat. she's the woman of my dreams & i seriously cannot wait to start this new chapter of life with her, i wouldn't want anyone else by my side but y/n" tom said as people awed at his words.

"i'm really trying my best not to cry because i don't want to turn into a mess, but today has made me emotional, in a good way i swear" you said into another microphone, fanning your eyes a little with your free hand as people laughed.