more than that blurb

summary: peter comes to your place late at night to try to take your friendship to the next level.

warnings: none

"Who the hell is knocking ugh!" you groaned as you rolled around in your bed, hoping whoever was at your front door would go away.

you were tired & you had just started to get good sleep. but of course it gets ruined.

getting out of bed, you quickly put some socks on your feet since the wood flooring was cold & you grabbed a cardigan to wrap around your shoulders. you sped down your stairs & slid across the floor to the front door.

when you opened it, you didn't expect to see peter there.

"what are you-"

"i just need to get something off my chest" he told you, hands in his coat pockets.

"okay, come in" you said, knowing you could never say no to him.

peter made his way inside & you turned on your kitchen lights, dimming them since your eyes weren't used to brightness just as yet.

"so, what made you wanna come here at... 4:13am peter?" you asked as you glanced at the clock on your stove before looking back at him.

he was across from you, leaning his back on the counter near your fridge as you leaned your back against your small island. he looked a little nervous.

"i don't want you as a best friend" he said simply, taking you off guard.

"so you don't wanna be friends anymore?" you asked quietly, feeling as if you were dreaming since you were still sleepy.

"i wanna be more than that, with you" peter told you, moving closer to you & you just stayed in place.

"peter i-i..." you choked out, feeling his hands took home to your waist.

"tell me to stop & i'll stop" he said, pulling you closer to him.

your hands rested on his chest as his head leaned down so his nose brushed against yours. you felt stiff like a statue.

"since when did you become so confident?" you asked quietly, looking into his brown eyes that were already looking into yours.

"ever since i realized i wanted you" he said smoothly, making you smile a little bit at him.

"do you want me to stop?" he asked you as his fingers pressed into your skin, your stomach starting to fill with butterflies as your skin shivered.

"do you want me to tell you to stop?" you asked back.

"not really, no" he replied, his nose brushing against yours again.

"then don't stop" you said, making him smile before pressing his lips to yours, sighing into the kiss.

your hands moved up to grip his hair at the back of his neck as he continued to kiss you, pressing you against the counter more as the kiss went on. he moved his head slowly so he could deepen the kiss, making you follow his lead.

"i like you" he said against your lips, kissing your neck a few times before coming back to your lips.

"i like you too" you mumbled in response, softly moaning into the slow kiss.

a smirk grew on peters face after he heard it, making you start to blush deeply. pulling away, he leaned his forehead against yours.

"can i take you out? on a nice date" he asked, making you nod at him.

"was hoping you'd ask that" you said before pecking his lips again, becoming obsessed with the feeling you got when you did so.

"you owe me a date since you woke me up so early" you told him, poking his chest a few times.

"that's fine with me" he replied, cupping your face in his hands as yours held his forearms.

"wanna stay the rest of the night? it's late" you asked him & he nodded.

your hand held his as you lead him to your bedroom, the darkness taking over your senses. making your way onto your bed, peter took off his coat & followed you, getting under the sheets.

"even though you woke me up, i'm kinda glad you did" you said softly to peter, both of you smiling at one another in the dark.