surprise kiss blurb

summary: before peter left for patrol you kissed him, shocking the both of you

warnings: talk of scumbag comlumbus 🙄

"What is the point of learning about columbus? he's a scumbag who enslaved thousands of people & took land that wasn't his. & the textbook is praising him for finding the new world! he didn't even land in the americas! he was in the bahamas! isn't that dumb?" you rambled frustratedly to peter who sat opposite to you on his bed.

you both were working on a history project & your teacher forced you & peter to talk about how great columbus is.

"he is a scumbag, that's for sure" peter agreed as he typed on his laptop at the presentation slides on powerpoint.

"why did mr. karlson force us to— peter? you okay?" you asked him, seeing the hair on his arms stick up & his shoulders get tense.

"somethings wrong" he said as he dropped his laptop on the bed, getting up & grabbing his suit.

you turned your head away from him so he could change into it, but you caught a glimpse of his physique— it was gorgeous if you were being honest.

"wait but what about the—"

"i'll be back. i'll just go for patrol early today" he told you.

he put on his mask & was about the open the window but you quickly stopped him, making him confusing hum as he looked at you.

"wh—"

your fingers grabbed the end of his mask & pulled it up over his lips, quickly pecking his lips before clamping a hand over your mouth once you pulled away.

"wh-what was what for?" he squared out, scratching the back of his head nervously.

"long story short, i like you. ever since christmas last year & i kissed you because i never know when i'm gonna see you next cause of your spiderman stuff & it's dangerous so you could get badly hurt & die & i would've never gotten the chance to tell you or kiss you or—" now he was the one to cut you off, kissing you back to shut you up.

"when i come back we'll talk. don't worry, i'll always come back for you" he told you as he pulled away & climbed onto the fire escape, fixing his mask before looking back at you.

with a final wave, he was gone & you were alone in his room.

"did you & peter just—"

okay you definitely weren't alone... may saw & heard everything.