cherry

"Tom! your being called to set babe!" you yelled to him outside of the trailer he was currently in.

it was another day of filming in cleveland for the russo brother's newest movie 'cherry' which was about a college man, falls for a girl, goes to war as a medic & returns with ptsd & started a life of crime. it honestly was a very interesting concept to you, due to reading the book before hand. and it has been very different for your boyfriend tom.

tom holland is very well known as playing spiderman, it's been his life for the past couple years & this role for him is completely the opposite. it's been hard for him to adapt to it for sure. shaving his hair off, having to talk to people who suffer from ptsd & substance abuse to make his acting authentic & chatting with veterans was a whole new thing for him. especially playing someone who has such a dark personality.

he's been stressed the past couple months, but thankfully you've been his support behind the scenes since his best mate harrison is back in london working on other things. today was one of the last days of shooting & the schedule for today was something tom has been dreading. today he had to deliver one of the hardest scenes of his career.

he has been studying the script non-stop in your hotel room late at night, in between breaks on set & whenever he takes a break to eat or workout. the man has been pushing himself to the max so the scene will be perfect. you've been a bit worried about him for the past couple days due to the pressure he's out on himself.

so, you knocked on his trailer door a couple times after the directors told you they needed him to come to set to start shooting. after a few more knocks & no response, you twisted the handle on the door & opened it. there was a small area for makeup with was barley used, a couch, closet & another door leading to a bathroom & small room with a small bed.

"tom? you here?" you shouted a bit, not seeing him in the first section of the trailer.

you slowly walked to the back, twisting the knob on the door to reveal another empty room. you turn your head to the bathroom & see a small light gleam from under the crack of the door.

"tom? babe, they need you on set now. everything okay?" you asked behind the door, lightly knocking on it.

"i-i, fucking hell. i-i'm fine love. just... go. i'll be out soon" he cursed as he held his head in his hands frustratedly, leaning on the counter for support as tears fell from his eyes.

"tom, you sure your okay?" you asked with concern in your voice.

"i can't do it y/n" he let out, small sobs escaping his mouth.

opening the door, you found his figure shaking as he gripped the counter. rushing over to him you placed your arms around him, rubbing his back as he continued to let out his pain. he turned in your arms & wrapped his arms tightly around your back as you moved a hand to stroke the back of his head.

"i'm-so sorry" he cried out, trying to control his breathing.

"hey, don't worry. nothing to be sorry about tommy, nothing at all. let it out, i'm here" you said into his ear as you kissed his temple lightly.

"i'm so scared for this scene y/n. it's the hardest one. no matter how many times i go over it i get more nervous & i... i feel like i'm gonna fail" he whimpered as he put his head in the crook of your neck.

"babe, this role is still new to you. you've never done anything like this before. i promise you your gonna do great, i promise you your gonna be fine. i'm gonna be there the entire time okay? you just gotta do you, do the best you can. cause i know you can do it, you've proven yourself so much in the past few months with this role & i am so god damn proud of you. tom, i believe in you. your gonna be fine baby" you said, unwrapping your arms & picking up his jaw so he was looking at you.

"you are so ready for this tommy, always has been. i love you" you mumbled as you wiped his tears.

"i love you y/n/n" he said, breathing back to normal as he placed his forehead against yours, taking in a deep breath.

"let's go kick butt out there alright?" you said as you smiled at him, him returning with a small smirk.

"okay love, let's go" he said as you walked out of the trailer to the set, holding his hand & giving him a small kiss on his lips.

"go out there & smile for the camera huh? you got this babe" you said as you caressed his cheek once more before the directors called him over.

"thank you love" he said as he gave you a reassuring smile, taking another deep breath before walking over to film the scene.