clingy love ; 1

summary: you & tom have tendencies to be clingy & there's a reason why.

warnings: none i can think of

YOU:

When it comes to you relationship wise, you've never been the clingy type. yes of course, you've missed your boyfriend before sometimes when you weren't with him & showed him affection, but never to the point where you two were like glitter & glue.

you were independentish in relationships, not needing to be around one another everyday to do things, talking on the phone or facetiming or texting was enough. but that all changed when you met tom. the day you took his order.

you worked at a coffee shop a few blocks from your apartment & you were one of the best employees. you handled cash most days & occasionally made drinks, but your other co-workers did more drink making than you.

but when a brown curled boy with a very cute british accent came in to get a coffee with two creams, one sugar & a chocolate chip cookie to go with it. when you looked up to the entrance & saw him your heart dropped & you became nervous.

"hi miss" he said, his accent thickish.

"hi, uh welcome to monet's. i've never seen you around here before so i can give you a few minutes to look over the menu if you'd like?" you suggested, causing him to quirk a brow at you.

"how do you know i'm not from a round here?" he asked, admiring you slightly.

"oh sorry it's just your accent & we don't get many new customers here, it's just the usual bunch i guess. i'm sorry if i offended you-" you rambled.

"oh no love it's alright, i am new around here so you were right. observant?" he questioned with a little smile.

you blushed a little at the nickname, love, & focused your attention back on him.

"you could say that yes" you replied with a little chuckle.

"i'm tom, by the way" he said, holding his hand out to you.

"i'm y/n, nice to meet you, tom" you replied, shaking his hand with a smile.

from the moment your hands touched, or was it the moment he asked you when your next break was when you handed him his drink, was when you started to fall for the british lad. he was charming, positive, sweet & just an overall great guy who gave you butterflies all over.

flash forward a year later & you were dating tom. a few months back he told you more about his career, acting & asked you what you thought about it. of course you supported him all the way, wanting him to follow his dreams & all like anyone would.

but when he mentioned that he would have to leave town for press/interviews & filming, you didn't think it would be hard for you at first. but taking in that he could be away from 3 months- half a year made you nervous, but you still thought it wouldn't effect you badly.

so when you first had to experience tom leaving, when he went to go film in the states & europe for far from home, your heart couldn't take it. he was gonna be away from june- end of november which meant 5 months without him.