call me blurb

summary: peter's been ignoring your calls for the last couple weeks, so you give up.

warnings: angst

You didn't know if you could take it anymore, you couldn't take anymore if this silent treatment. being ignored by the people you care for the lost is exhausting, it also continuously hurts you every time you try to reach out.

peter has been ignoring your calls & your texts for weeks. he doesn't bother to call you back, open your texts or come to your door to see you. he just leaves you with unknown answers on if he's okay, his whereabouts & how he's been.

so it's thursday night, you just finished your homework & you were about to go to bed. you usually would call peter & text him a hopeful goodnight, wishing he would just talk to you. but tonight you decided that tonight would be the last night.

you were fed up with his behaviour, did he hate you or something? you don't even know. so you say on your bed, lights out with the covers keeping you warm as you leaned your head back against your headboard, opening the contacts app in your phone.

your thumb hovered over his name for a few seconds: peter b parker 💙

but then you pressed the call button & soon it was dialing. you pressed your phone to your ear & waiting for his voicemail, knowing that he wouldn't pick up- but suddenly the dial tone stopped & you heard sniffles on the other side.

"peter? is that you?" you whispered, shocked.

your widened as you just heard his sniffles & his breathing... you knew he was gonna stay quiet.

"i just, i wanted to call you one last time because you clearly don't want to speak to me anymore... not sure why but uh, i miss you" you said as you gripped the phone, tears brimming your eyes.

"if i did something wrong please tell me peter, stop ignoring me. i just want to hear from you, because i feel like i've been cut off from you for no reason. did i hurt you?" you asked.

"anyways uh, i've been calling you for the last couple weeks, hoping to hear your voice. but i just feel so exhausted trying to get to you, you seem so far out of reach- i can't do this anymore peter, i just can't" your voice started to shake.

"so i guess this is goodbye for now, unless you want to talk. i know your there pete, baby... please talk to me" you begged to him, leaning your head back as tears started to fall.

of course the boy had to stay silent, not say anything. he wish he could've said something, say that he loves you & that he's sorry for being a prick. he wishes he could, but he couldn't find the courage in his body to do so.

"well um, i love you. just remember that please? b-bye" you said before hanging up, letting your phone fall from your hand as you cried into the sheets.

peter dropped his phone too, putting his head into his hands as he cried frustratedly. he didn't want to hurt you, he wasn't trying to hurt you. he had to let you go though, no matter how hard it would be, you were too good for a boy like him.

but you were good enough for a boy like him, that's the sad part.