semi-formal

(p.s, you don't know peter is spider-man yet in this imagine)

Midtown always holds a semi-formal for the sophomores to seniors yearly, which has kept you excited since freshman year because it would be your first high-school dance, which to you is a big milestone. you've always known what dress to wear, what shoes & how you'd do your hair. you've been preparing for this moment.

so when you walked into school one day & saw all the decorations, posters & ticket booths you couldn't stop smiling. even when you had the courage to ask one of your friends to go with you. his name was peter, your partner in bio. you were nervous to ask him, he was even more nervous when you asked him, but he immediately said yes.

it's currently the day of the dance & you were as happy as could be. as you walked through the halls, people noticed that you were radiant of joy. all because of a high-school dance. last period just ended & you immediately left class to go to peter's locker to make sure if he was still going to pick you up for the dance.

as you got closer to his locker, you noticed how sad he looked which confused you.

"hey, what's wrong?" you said as you got closer to him. he sighed, knowing what he was about to say would hurt you

"y/n, i'm really sorry. i-i can't go to the dance with you anymore" your heart shattered.

"oh... um okay. what happened? did i weird you out? oh peter i'm sorry-" you started to ramble.

"it's not your fault. i have a shift tonight for my stark internship & they won't let me miss it. i'm angry about it. i'll make it up to you okay? i'm really sorry y/n..." peter said, with a sad look on his face as he walked away from his locker.

you stood there for a few seconds, taking it all in. you were going to your first high-school dance all alone, when you've been dreaming of this moment & it was ruined within seconds. after you left peter's locker, you headed straight home, texting mj that you wouldn't be getting ready with her anymore, that you'll just meet her at school.

peter felt terrible. when he got home & started to get ready for patrolling, he felt like he let you down. he was so excited to go to the dance with you because, he became whipped for you. but his stark internship - spiderman - was also important to him, it was his duty to queens. he was torn because he wanted to do both, he didn't want to hurt you in anyway.

so when he was patrolling, people on the streets noticed that spiderman didn't have the usual pep in his swing as he flew by, they noticed something wrong.

a few hours have passed now. you showered, done your hair & now you were working on your makeup. it was simple, but a bit more fancy than usual. you listened to music in the background as you slightly day dreamed of maybe, in another universe, peter was still gonna go with you to the dance.

you just sighed & continued getting ready. after you got dressed, your parents took pictures of you quickly before driving you to the dance. when you walked in, you gasped at the decorations in the gym, the food tables, the dance floor. it was all magical, just as you suspected.

"y/n!!" you heard mj yell to you, waving for you to come over to her & ned.

"hey, you look pretty" you said to her, hugging her quickly.