summer night/i love you

You anxiously waited in your apartment for tom to come. it was a summer night, perfect weather & you both missed each-other dearly so he called you saying he'd be over in a few minutes. knocks were soon heard at your door & your lips turned into a soft smile as you when over your open it. you were meet with tom clad in some shorts he usually wears when he works out because of how comfortable they are & an oversized sweatshirt.

you just fell into his arms as you took in his cologne & smiled to yourself as he held you tight.

"hello gorgeous" he whispered to you as he lifted your face to give your forehead a kiss.

"hi superstar" you said back, feeling your heart relax as he stepped inside your apartment with you for a moment, closing your door.

he pulled you in for a short & sweet kiss, even though you both could kiss each-other forever. he smiled into the kiss & let out a chuckle when you pouted after he pulled away.

"don't frown y/n, it doesn't look good on ya" he said which made you crack a smile.

"so, do you have any ideas of what we could do tonight?" you asked him.

"yeah, i do. put on your shoes & let's head to the car okay?" he asked. you nodded your head & kissed his cheek, leaving his grip to get your sneakers.

a few minutes later you both were out the door, walking hand in hand & smiling ear to ear. once you got to his car tom sped off & you pleaded for him to roll down the windows & the open the sun roof even though it's too dark.

"you okay love?" he asked you once you both stopped at a red light, his right hand drifting to rest on your thigh as he gave it a small squeeze.

"i'm good babe" you replied, smiling at him.

as one of his favourite old hip hop sings came on through the speakers he was quietly singing along with a big smile on his face as he focused on the road, giving you the perfect view of him. his brown curls were messy as the street lights reflected off of them, his smile beamed, skin glowed & he just looked perfect.

"tom?" you asked.

he just hummed as he kept his focus on the road, signalling you to continue what you were saying.

"i love you" you said genuinely, smiling at his reaction. you both haven't said the L-word yet, so... this took him by surprise.

his eyes widened & he felt the wind get knocked out of him. his brain went wild at the thought you saying those 3 words, he didn't expect it honestly. he just smiled & looked over at you.

"you... you what?" he asked, not believing it.

"i love you tom" you repeated, growing nervous to what he was gonna say back.

he just pulled into a random parking lot & parked the car, putting his face into his hands as he took deep breaths. oh god, he was so relieved you felt the same, he didn't believe it even though you've said it twice. you just sat quietly waiting for him to say something.

"holy fuck-sorry. i'm just, oh my god! y-you love me?" he said as his eyes glossed over as he looked at you, his heart racing.

"yeah, i do tommy. honestly" you grabbed his hand & tried to calm him of his nerves.

"god i love you y/n, so much" he said as he in buckled your seatbelt & pulled you to sit in his lap, his hands holding your cheeks as yours rested on his shoulders.

"really?" you said as you both laughed.

"i do" tom said as he pulled you closer, kissing you for a few moments.

"thank god you do" you said as you leaned your forehead into his, your heart warming at his smile & the way he looked at you.