dream

summary: tom's away from home doing work but he soon comes home & has the courage to do something all thanks to sam

warnings: fluff, 1-2 swears, slightly suggestive at the end but— whatever you'll see

listen to dream by shawn mendes while reading if you want :)

"I can't wait to get home" tom said with a sigh as he got comfortable in his hotel bed while on the phone with you, his best girl.

"as soon as you get back i'm driving to your apartment—"

"no hun, as soon as i get back i'm coming to you. that's what i meant by home" he corrected, making your heart swell with love for him.

"i'm your home? are you trying to make me cry thomas?" you asked with a love struck smile on your face, pacing slowly through your living room.

"i thought you knew that honey" he said, making you chuckle.

"i'm so in love with you, you sap"

"right back at you darling" he replied, a sad smile on his face as he wished that he could be with you.

"well y/n, you should be getting to bed. it's almost 1am for you. get some rest" tom told you, making you whine in protest.

"hey, only 3 more days till you'll see my handsome face again. 72 hours. i'll see you soon" he told you, reminding you that he'll be back in your arms soon enough.

"72 hours. no more than that okay?" you said, causing him to laugh.

"72 hours"

"okay then. i love you tom, goodnight superstar" you said, standing in the middle of the room now.

"goodnight y/n. i love you more" he said before pressing the end call button.

dropping his phone to the side, he laid on his back & stared at the ceiling. he missed you a lot. he knew the next three days would go by fast & he'd be close to you in no time, but that didn't help the current ache he had in his chest right now.

he's never been so attached to someone before. it's foreign for him. the young man felt as if you were the one he was gonna marry in a couple years, have kids, buy a house to fill with a child or two & grow old with. he's "whipped for you" in the words of his friends.

"100, 99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93, 92, 91, 90, 89..." he mumbled as he turned to his side, closing his eyes as he counted back from 100– a method he uses to sleep when he's away from home.

he soon felt himself start to drift & his mind started to play his favourite kind of dream: him holding you.

****

TOM🕷❤️:
hey hun. just landed in london. sam is on the way to get me & to drop me over by you. see you soon beautiful <3
8:07pm

Y/N💗:
i'm glad you got in safe babe. i made you your favourite for dinner :)
8:10pm

Y/N💗:
let me know when your close okay?
love you
8:11pm

tom smiled as he read your texts, feeling excited to finally be back in london, back with you. but he quickly shoved his phone in his pocket when he heard the familiar car roll up in front of him.