the elusive sensation of bliss

summary: after tom convinced you to stay longer, you both got to know each-other better, which lead into the both of you not leaving the library for the whole night

warnings: none :)

inspired by "the elusive sensation of bliss" from the cherry soundtrack

continuation of the last two imagines, "when life was just beginning, i saw you" & "what i'm trying to say is..." :))

"Can we listen to music?" you asked him, eyes fluttering upwards to meet his.

with small smile & a nod, you let go of his hand & reached for your phone & ear buds before making yourself comfortable once more. as you plugged the cord into your phone & had spotify open on the screen, you handed the right ear bud to tom & he gladly took it, placing it in his ear.

"any requests?" you asked while clicking through some playlists you had as you tried to decide.

"i'll listen to whatever you want" he replied with, leading to you pressing shuffle on a playlist called 'hopeless romantic feels'.

a few seconds later, fade into you by mazzy star started to play through the earbuds & as the song went on, your left cheek soon made contact with tom's right shoulder. he didn't seem the mind at all & he really didn't, so you just left it there as the music continued to play.

moments later, you felt his left hand grasp your left one & his thumb run over the skin on the top of it gently, making you smile into his shoulder.

"what kind of music do you like?" you asked him, trying to start up a conversation.

"i like 90's hip hop a lot, but i also like alternative & a bit of pop. what about you?" he asked back.

"alternative, indie, a bit of folk & pop, some rap & r&b—"

"i forgot about r&b! i listen to that too" tom said with some excitement, making you chuckle at him.

"you have good taste" you complimented him, making him smile while he rested his head on top of yours.

"thank you"

as more songs played on, you & tom just enjoyed the moment without saying anything. you didn't feel there needed to be much said. just having his company was enough for you. it was just you & him & him & you... it was quite peaceful.

"i was really nervous about how things were gonna go tonight" he told you.

"i was nervous because i didn't want to freak you out or make you uncomfortable— i was a wreck before i called you, i didn't know if you actually wanted to hear from me or not"

"why would i give you my number then if i didn't want you to use it?" you questioned, making him sigh.

"well— that is a good point" he said with a light laugh.

"i guess i just got so worked up about seeing you because i wanted to impress you & ... you make me kinda nervous" tom admitted, his face growing warm at the small confession.

"huh? how do i make you nervous?"

"because... well there are many reasons but the main one is... i may or may not like you"

silence filled the room for a moment & tom just thought he may have blew his chance some how, but when he felt you give his hand a reassuring squeeze, he felt his nerves calm down until he heard you speak.

"thank you. & i also like you too. even though i don't know much about you— but we can fix that" you said, biting your lip from smiling so hard.

"good, t-that's good" he said with a breath of relief, sheepishly smiling to himself.

"we should get to know each-other more? don't you think?" you asked.

"yeah! sure, what do you wanna know?"

"anything & everything" you answered with a content sigh falling from your lips.

****

after talking about one another for almost four hours, you both soon knocked out. you remember falling asleep on his shoulder as the lights in the building dimmed & when you woke up, tom's head was still resting on top of yours. your arms had wrapped themselves around his torso & his arms had done the same. with his hands so close to your waist, you felt yourself feel something you haven't felt in what felt like ages— bliss.

last night was the best night you've had in god knows how long. after talking for hours on end, you & tom found out you had a lot of stuff in common & a few differences here & there, but overall you guys got a long amazingly. especially since you both expressed interest in one another, which was the cherry on top to the evening. & by the end of the night, you liked him even more & the feeling was mutual.

however, you didn't have the heart in you to wake him up yet because of his soft snores— which were kinda cute. so you just waited it out for roughly half an hour until you started to hear him yawn & stretch his limbs.

"good morning" you said to him with a smile, pulling your face away from his shoulder to see his face.

tom looked adorable, especially with the sunlight hitting him just right & the smile he had on his face— god you could've kissed him then & there if you wanted too— which you did, but it was probably too early for you to do so.

"morning to you too" he replied, morning voice deep & smooth— along with his accent.

his hands soon started running up & down your waist a few times, receiving an appreciative hum from you.

"what time is it?" you asked him, making him groan.

"hold on"

taking his left arm off your waist to look at his watch, he saw that it read 11:37am.

"it's almost noon" tom told you, making you groan now.

"i really don't wanna head back to my dorm" you whined to him, making tom laugh at you while you cuddled yourself back into his arms.

"me either. we should just stay here" he said, making you let out a questioning hum.

"the library isn't open on sundays, it opens back tomorrow at eight in the morning. & my boss doesn't come in until tomorrow afternoon so... we can just stay here if you want" he explained, making you gasp softly.

"i'm fine with that. i like it here" you mumbled with a sleepy smile on your face.

hugging him tightly, you began to close your eyes again & feel his arms hold you close once more. once again— theres that blissful feeling.

"wanna nap for another hour or two? then we can get some food" you suggested.

"i like that idea of yours y/n"