trouble sleeping

summary: you couldn't sleep so you woke peter up & you both made tea :)

warnings: none

You rolled over once again, feeling restless as you laid beside peter, who was deep into sleep. you wish you could just sleep, but your stupid body was preventing that for some reason. so you did the only thing that came to mind: wake peter up.

"peter... peter... wake up pleaseeee" you whispered to him, lightly tapping his shoulder as he groaned, nuzzling back into the pillow.

"i can't sleep, please talk to me" you pouted, but soon smiled when peter turned on his side towards you, giving you a sleepy smile.

"what's up babe" he said, his voice raspy.

"can't sleep" you whispered as you scooted closer to him, feeling his arms drape around you as he closed his eyes again.

"something on your mind?" he asked, sighing as he felt you place gentle kisses on his neck, his cheeks blushing at the contact.

"don't know, just not too tired yet" you said, looking back at his face, brushing some of his curls away from his face.

"wanna cuddle & see if that'll help?" he asked, laying on his back as he pulled you closer to his side, your head resting over where is heart is.

"your always so comfy p" you said as one of your legs tangled with his own, the contact making your stomach flip.

peter just lightly scoffed, feeling his cheeks heating up at your words. once you both got comfortable & eased down a bit, you still felt like you just couldn't fall asleep.

"do you want me to make you some tea? or we could watch a show till you fall asleep" he suggested to you.

your under eye bags were pretty noticeable now even though the room was dark. he knew you were tired, exhausted by this point & he wanted to help you sleep any way he could, because he knows how much you love your sleep.

"that sounds like a good idea" you said as you say up, getting out of the covers & stretching your body a bit as peter got up too.

he was just wearing some black boxers, but he put some shorts on before he left with you to the kitchen. he grabbed you a packet of tea as you got your favourite mug of his; it was a light blue mug that had a sun on it, with orange & yellow streaks over it. you loved it & always used it whenever you were over.

peter heated up the kettle with some water, turning to you & motioning you to come closer to him. you followed & rested your head on his chest, arms resting around his torso.

"you can go back to bed if you want, i can handle it from here" you whispered to him, pulling away from him as he poured some of the hot water into the mug, placing the tea bag in as well.

"i don't mind staying up with you ya know" peter whispered to you, slinging an arm around your waist as he stood beside you, leaning on the counter.

"love you" you told him as you waited for your tea to cool a bit, kissing peter's cheek before you grabbed your tea & headed back to his room with him, sitting up on his bed to watch a show.

after 2 episodes of brooklyn 99 you were finally feeling sleepy again, so you started to close your eyes as your head fell to peter's shoulder. you were soon out like a light, very quiet snores leaving your lips which made peter smile at you before turning the show off.

"love you too babe" peter whispered to you before resting his back against the mattress, falling asleep with you once again.