stressed out

Studying for exams is always a tough situation for you. the long list of study sheets, the minimal time to work on them & having to also work on culminating is tough. you've been doing this since highschool but university is so much more work than before. it's currently 1:42am on a friday night & your first exam for psychology is on monday.

you got home from work at 3:30pm & you've been studying since you got back to your shared apartment with your boyfriend peter. he's the smartest & sweetest boy you've ever met & you've been dating since the end of highschool, so about 2 years. he currently was doing a nightly patrol around campus & a few neighborhoods nearby, doing his spiderman duties.

"y/n? why are you still up? it's almost 2am?" you hear peter ask you as he climbed in through one of the windows, closing the blinds & curtains so he could take his mask off.

"i'm... i'm studying pete" you said, yawning a couple times & sipping on some tea.

"baby, you gotta get some sleep" he did as he walked over to you.

you were wearing an oversized sweatshirt, shorts, your hair in a messy ponytail, dark circles under your eyes & a tired smile on your lips.

"you need more sleep than me spiderman, i'll head up soon... i just, i just gotta finish this last part-"

"no. your gonna go to bed now-"

"i don't wanna pete-"

"y/n, babe-"

"no" you said pouting.

"i have to study for monday! i'm so stressed out & i need to be prepared peter! if i fail this exam my whole life is done for! i have to keep studying" you said, tears starting to fall onto your sweatshirt.

"come on, let me help you okay? i'm trying to help you, love" he said as he caressed your cheek softly, wiping your tears. you lean into his touch immediately, sighing.

"i don't know pete, i really need to-"

"y/n, i promise you your prepared. you gotta do what's best for you & your body right now, sleep is the answer. you gonna let me help you baby?" he looked at you with hopeful eyes.

"mhmmm okay" you said softly, closing your eyes as his touch made you feel less stressed.

"carry me?" you asked with puppy eyes.

"alrighttt" peter said, kissing your forehead quickly before he pulled you into his arms, your legs wrapping around his waist.

he carried you down the hall to your shared bedroom & laid you on the bed.

"imma go shower & change quickly okay? i'll be back" he said as he loosened his suit & put it in his side of the closet.

you just watched him with a small smile as you headed under the sheets, more tears falling from your eyes. after he came out of the bathroom in some shorts he noticed your state & rushed under the covers.

"come here, it's okay it's okay, your okay" he whispered to you softly as he pulled you closer to his chest, your cries becoming muffled from your face in the crook of his neck.

"i'm... i'm just so stressed, stressed out pete" you said taking deep breaths.

"i know your stressed out baby, you've been working yourself too hard" he said as he rubbed your back.

"i know i know, i just don't want to fail" you said with a sniffle.

"y/n, i promise you. you won't fail, i believe in you. but you need to let your body & mind rest so you'll be able to do your exam on Monday with a clear head okay?" he said, kissing your head.

"thank you peter, i really appreciate everything" you said, sitting up to see his face.

"i love you y/n, i'm gonna be here for you always" he said with a a smile.

"i love you too pete" you said, leaning in to give him a soft kiss, melting into it.

"now, let's get some rest okay?" he asked as he turned off the lamp in the room.

you didn't say anything, you just cuddled into him as he rubbed your back softly, both of you falling alseep soon enough.