shy away from me

Pulling the cream coloured cardigan sleeves closer to your body, you shivered as the cool air of the night blew past your form. you stood silently on the back of your porch with a bottle of water by your  bare feet, staring at the moon.

the moon shined brightly in the sky, making it's light fall onto the grass & flowers that littered your small backyard. you rested the right side of your head on the tall wooden post that supported the small roof of the porch, sighing quietly as you felt tears prick your eyes once again.

biting your finger nails to distract yourself, you casted your eyes onto the ground, staring at the dead flower that laid in the grass. puffing the uncomfortable & gross tasting smoke from your lips, you dragged the cigarette away from your mouth, watching the smoke disperse throughout the air.

you coughed a little because the smoke in your lungs began to build up, meaning your body was telling you that you should take a break.

"babe?"

twisting your head around to the back door, you felt your heart sink a little when you saw the concerned look on tom's face.

"sorry" you mumbled as he inched closer to you, his arms circling around your form. you dropped your cigarette onto the concrete porch, watching it die out.

you didn't care much about it anymore.

"i um... i thought you were asleep" you mumbled into his chest, hiding the guilty looking face. you never liked seeing him watch you smoke. it embarrassed you.

"i felt you leave for a while. thought i'd check on you" he told you, pulling back so he could see your face.

your eyes had a red hue in them & you looked exhausted.

cupping your cheeks with warm, soft & callous hands, tom gave you a short peck on your forehead.

"you don't need to shy away from me, my love" he whispered to you, his words laced with meaning.

you knew you could always go to him with whatever, he made that clear from the beginning of your relationship with him. but you always felt the need hide this part of you, the part you were afraid of letting him see.

"i don't want you to see me like this" you told tom, feeling your bottom lip start to tremble while your hands inched up his frame to rest on his chest.

your fingers fiddled with the strings from his hoodie, trying to calm your heartbeat.

"i wanna see you— every part of you— no matter what. i'm here" tom told you, softly smiling while you nodded.

"c'mere hun" he said, pulling you closer as the wind brushed against the two of you again, taking in each-other's warmth & love.

"thank you"

decided to edit this :)