"i'm in love with you" ; 2

INSPIRED BY THE SONG "Still" BY NIALL HORAN

It's now the next day, the day you fly back home & you couldn't be more happy. finally you'd get to go back home after all this... this chaotic trip. you brushed your teeth, washed your face & showered very slow, feeling drained from the night before. after you left the bathroom you made sure you packed up all your stuff & changed into a more comfortable outfit, shorts & a hoodie to be exact.

as you left your hotel room with your things you saw peter talking with mj as they walked down the hall, making you feel stupid for what you revealed to peter last night. you decided to take a different elevator to head to the breakers hall to eat before your flight. once you got downstairs you saw all your classmates eating & smiling. they looked happy to go home too.

you decided to eat with betty instead of peter, ned & mj. you just wanted to avoid them now, even though ned was completely oblivious to the situation. after breakfast you all headed to the airport & were heading to the plane. once you got on the plane you sat by the window in one of the many rows of seats on the left side of the plane.

"peter! there's a free seat by y/n, you can sit there since there's not anymore seats" you heard your teacher say to peter who stood in the aisle looking around for you.

once his eyes locked with you, you looked out the window as he came closer to you.

"there wasn't any other seats-"

"it's okay peter. it's fine" & then the plane took off.

the ride back was uncomfortable. you & peter we're both too afraid to say anything so you both kept silent. currently, you were listening to music as your plane was laid-over for about an hour... which resulted in your phone dying.

"come on" you mumbled as you tried to get it to turn back on.

peter noticed your frustration & took out his right ear bud & held it out to you. you looked at his fingers that held the bud & then you at him, a small hopeful smile laid on his lips. you took the ear bud & put it in. he opened his phone & went to his spotify. he pressed shuffle on a random playlist & the first song that started to play was "still" by niall horan. (let's pretend his new album came out a few weeks prior to their trip).

as the song played you both started to think about your talk last night, you opening to peter about how you felt about him. you both gave each-other small glances as the song continued, which gave peter an idea. he paused the song & looked at you, taking a deep breath.

"can i tell you something?" he asked you in a hushed tone.

you just nodded your head slowly, nervous to what he was going to say.

"i made a mistake. i know that i hurt you & i didn't mean to. i'm really sorry for that, i'll always be. it's killing me we can go on like this, not speaking & just... distancing ourselves. I wish i could fix what happened i really do. your important to me y/n" peter said as he looked nervously at his hands as they fidgeted.

"y/n, i think i do love you? but i'm terrified. i'm terrified that you could disappear, like what happened with my mom, my dad, uncle ben & now tony... i don't want to lose you too. so i tried to protect the both of us but it backfired, badly" he looked at you now, taking another deep breath.

"do you still love me? like what you told me last night?" he asked.

you took one of his hands in yours & looked at him, a relieved breath leaving your lips.

"i don't think my feelings for you disappeared overnight pete" you whispered, a smile forming on your face.

"okay, well. y/n... i love you too" he said, a small smile formed on his face as he looked at you.

you didn't say anything back. you just leaned your head on his shoulder & held his hand tighter.