5 hours v.s 5 years

summary: peter struggles to recover due to the affect of the snap due to losing you, but luckily tony is able to get you back

warnings: angst, swears, sad peter :(

Peter couldn't sleep, even though mr. stark got him a new comfortable mattress. he couldn't sleep even though his room was filled with things that brought him joy. he couldn't sleep even though he was exhausted from taking care of morgan with tony while doing his own schooling.

he just couldn't seem to sleep. & it bugged him. all he wanted to do was rest, but he knew that it was impossible without knowing where you were. without knowing if you were okay, without having you by his side.

the snap broke him. he lost so many people he cared about. he lost some of the avengers. he lost may & happy. he lost his friends. but he lost you too, which made everything 100 times worse.

he still vividly remembers how it all happened, how he saw peter quill & strange fade away. he remembers how he searched for you on the battle ground, telling your name as he heard from the sky above thanos laugh evilly as he disappeared wherever.

he remembers finding you, how he hugged you so tightly in fear, hoping that you wouldn't fade too. but did. you turned to dust right in his arms. he remembered crying in pain as his knees gave out, dropping to the ground as he mumbled your name over & over.

he remembered it all too well.

"kid, do you wanna talk?" tony asked, peter not noticing that he came into his room until a hand was placed on his shoulder comfortingly.

"i'm okay" peter murmured as he wiped his tears with his blanket, giving tony an unconvincing smile.

"i wanna help you kid, you gotta let me in so i can help. i care about you. i know that—"

"i just want her back. i want everyone back. i hate living without them mr. stark" he boy said, making tony take a deep breath.

"i miss them too pete, i do. & i'm trying to figure out how to get them back. but in the meantime, i need you to hold on a bit longer. we're gonna fix this" tony said to him, bringing him in for a small hug.

"thank you" peter mumbled, holding onto tony tightly as he felt tony rub his back a bit.

"try to get some sleep. if you can't just come downstairs & i'll keep you company while i work" tony told him, making peter nod a bit before letting go.

"night undroos" peter smiled lightly at the nickname as tony shut his door, rolling over to face the other side of the bed.

"i miss you" he whispered to the photo he had of you & him on the night table, looking at how happy you were, how happy he used to be.

he stared at that photo until the sun came up.

****

"glad to see you hanging out down here kid" tony said as he saw peter wrapped in a blanket watching whatever was on tv.

peter was about to say something but was interrupted by morgan climbing on top of him, cuddling into him.

"hi uncle pete" she greeted him, making the boy smile a bit at her.

"hey little stark" he replied, his voice a little hoarse but no one other than tony noticed.