nightmare

summary: you had a bad dream & you didn't want to sleep without tom, so you stayed up & waited for him to come back from work.

warnings: a little angsty & fluffy

"Hey babe, it's y/n. i just wanted to call & make sure your gonna be back in time for dinner. love you" you said to your phone, leaving a message for his voice mail.

tom was doing some press around the city today & you had planned a little date night for the two of you. you knew he doesn't answer his phone too much when he's working, so you didn't think much of it.

he said he'd be back by 4pm, but it's 6pm now & dinner is for sure cold, you had put it in some containers about an hour ago. you sat on the couch as you played a show on the tv, glancing at your phone.

you were about to call him but your phone started to vibrate, with harrison's contact.

"hey harrison, what's-" you were cut off shortly.

"y/n, you need to come to the hospital. it's tom, he got into a small crash while he was being escorted to another interview downtown & he got injured" harrison said as steady as he could, worried for his friend.

"how bad is it?" you said as the pit in your stomach ached.

you quickly grabbed your keys & put on your shoes, not bothering to turn the tv off. you rushed to the elevator & tapped your foot as harrison filled you in.

"he was sitting in the backseat, the seat closest to the right window in the back where the car hit, so he hurt his leg & his arm but his head smacked against the window so hard when it broke & then he started to lose blood- i just... i don't know how hurt he truly is" he said shakily.

your eyes filled with tears as you thought about tom's state as you quickly got in the car, speeding to the hospital.

"i'll meet you out front" you said, ending the call.

your breathing was shaky as you drove, trying to be positive & hoping he wasn't hurt too bad. he has to be okay, he has to be. sooner or later you arrived at the hospital & rushed inside & harrison lead you to his room.

you saw tom's right arm & leg casted, bandages wrapped around his forehead & he was passed out cold... almost dead looking. he looked roughed you for sure & pale, making you extra worried.

"please be okay... please" you cried, holding onto his limp hand.

as soon as you said that, the heart monitor went flat & you saw his chest stop moving.

"tom!" you screamed, opening your eyes as you breathed heavily.

you looked around the room & saw him nowhere, the bed empty beside you. you tried to ease back to sleep after wards, but you couldn't. you knew that you needed tom in that moment.

your heart was racing as you dried your tears & searched the house for him, praying that he was somewhere here. but you realized he was still working late tonight.

you were in the living room now, looking at the clock that said 1am as you wrapped yourself in a warm blanket, your dream not leaving your mind. you remembered that he was gonna be home around 1:30am, so you waited & hoped you weren't wrong.

when 1:30 came & you heard a car door shut outside you felt so relieved. so when the door opened & you heard tom put his keys down & slip his coat & shoes off, making his way to the living room you got up & quickly walked towards him with tears running down your cheeks.

he saw your face briefly & noticed the tears but was met with a bone crushing hug as you cried into his shoulder, holding him close to you. he stood there, holding you & trying to calm you down.

"hey, what happened y/n" he asked softly, your cries quieting down.

"i just- i had a bad dream where you got hurt & you died on me & i just got so scared because you weren't here when i woke up & i didn't know if it actually happened or not so i stayed here waiting for you to come back & i'm just... really happy your okay" you rambled as you tried to sound clear.

"i'm sorry i just don't wanna lose you & i thought i did" you added, starting to feel a little nervous.

"y/n, my love, i promise you i'm okay. i'm not gonna leave you like that. i'm right here & i'm sorry i wasn't here when you woke up" he said kissing your head, hating that you thought he was gone.

"i don't wanna lose you either honey, but i promise you your not gonna lose me so soon. i'm here" he added, pulling away so he could lean his forehead against yours.

"i love you y/n, so fucking much" he said taking your face in his hands, holding it gently.

"i love you too tom" you said as you closed the gap between you two, sharing a sweet & soft kiss, which made you feel so much better.

"let's head to bed okay?" he said after you kissed, holding one of your hands now.

you just nodded & followed him upstairs again, thanking god that dream you had wasn't real.