bad dream reassurance

summary: after having a bad dream, you need reassurance from peter

warnings: tad bit of angst

"Baby please, listen to me. i'm not messing around" peter said to you, culling your cheeks so you would look at him.

"i don't believe you. you wouldn't just leave me when i need you most, the peter i know would never do that" you spat out, making him sigh.

"you don't need me, you don't need me baby" he told you, making you clutch onto his shirt so he wouldn't leave so easily.

"don't say that pete, don't say that please. it's a lie, i do need you. please" you begged, hiccuping as your eyes welled up with tears.

he looked at you with such sorrow, you couldn't tell if he was sad himself or if he was just being empathetic.

"i'm not good for you—"

"fucking bullshit—"

"hey! i'm trying to help you" he cut you off, making you whimper.

"this is not helping me, this is hurting me don't you see?" you questioned him, looking into his sad brown eyes.

"i'm doing this for you, because i love you" peter said gently, wiping your tears with his thumbs.

"if you loved me, you wouldn't try leaving me" you cracked out as he peppered your face with feather like kisses, making you want to cry more.

"i'll always love you baby, but i'm not good for you. just me do this one good thing for you... please y/n"

"let me let you go" he said, making you shake your head.

"n-no, don't" you whispered as he removed his hands from your face, backing away from you.

"peter... please" you called out, feeling stuck in place.

"i gotta go, i'm sorry" was all he said before he left out of the rooftop door, leaving you out in the roof of your apartment building.

you sat up quickly in bed, tears forming in your eyes as you breathed in deeply. you clutched onto the comforter strongly as you waited for your breathing to even out a bit, remembering the special technique you were taught. once you calmed down, you took a breath of relief before hearing the bedroom door open.

"y/n? you alright?" peter asked you as he walked in with a glass of water in hand, turning off the hallway light before walking his way over to you worriedly.

"what happened?" he asked while placing his glass down, cupping your face in his hands comfortingly.

"bad dream?" he questioned, receiving a simple nod from you.

"c'mere" he murmured before getting back into bed, pulling you close to his side as he rubbed your back to help relax your tense muscles.

"wanna talk—"

"do you think you're not good for me?" you asked, making him not know how to respond.

"w-what?" he asked quietly in shock.

"do you think you're not good for me?" you repeated to him.

"i-i think i am. do you think i'm not good—"

"do you want to leave me—"

"of course not, why did you think i would—"

"in my dream you thought the opposite of those" you mumbled into his chest, making him sigh.

"i promise you i don't wanna leave you & i think i am good for you. it was just a bad dream sweetheart" peter told you reassuring you.

"i'm not gonna leave you so quick, so don't worry"