football surprises

"Thomas! be careful over there alright?" his mom yells from the kitchen as she looks at her eldest son, messing around the pool with his little brother paddy.

"we're alright mum, s'okay don't worry!" he yelled back as he threw the football back at paddy, smiling & laughing.

"sammm, is lunch ready yet?" paddy yelled over to sam who was working the barbecue.

"almost padds, just wait a bit alright?" sam said, chuckling at his little brother.

"thomas, guess who just showed up?" his dad asked him as he sat in a chair by the pool, reading a book with a smirk on his face as he glanced at his wife from inside the house.

"who? did mum invite the neighbours?" tom asked as he was still focused at throwing the all back & fourth with paddy.

"honey, bring her out!" dom said as he mischievously grinned at nikki.

"who is it-" tom caught the ball & looked at the backyard sliding door, his jaw dropping to the floor.

you stepped outside in a pair of shorts & a light t-shirt with some sneakers, a smile decorated on your face as you saw tom's reaction. you live in canada & go to school there, meeting tom one day in your acting class when he did a speech one day about 2 years ago. ever since then you both became close friends & lovers. you still attend school in canada & was granted with 2 weeks off... but you didn't tell tom.

as soon as you found out you contacted nikki & dom, trying to set up a surprise for tom. tom was taking a few months off after filming new projects back to back & he decided to spend the first 2 months of his 4 month vacay at home in london. he hated being away from you, miles & miles apart but he also missed his family a lot. the holland's have an annual bbq every few months & it happened to fall on the weekend you arrived.

"i-i thought you had sc-school" he stuttered out, feeling shocked & happy at seeing you.

"i got 2 weeks off, thought i'd come visit london" you said casually, seeing him jokingly glare at you.

"what about me?" he asked, walking over to you.

"oh tommy, your just a bonus" you giggled, walking closer to him & giving him a bear hug.

you both haven't seen eachother in about 2 months, so being in eachother's arms, his arms wrapped around your waist lovingly & feeling his touch swelled your heart with joy.

"missed you y/n" he whispered, exhaling a breath he didn't realize he was holding.

"i missed you too tom, so much" you said back, a huge grin on your face.

"so... how bout you join me & pads in a game of football huh?" he asked as a playful smirk arose on his face.

"i'm all for it holland" you said, taking your hand in his.

"of you are love" he said, giving you a kiss before dragging you over to where paddy was on the grass.

"if you mess up i get to push you into the pool" tom said to paddy, hearing him laugh.

"if you miss up i get to take y/n out for dinner this week" paddy said with a joking look on his face.

"if both of you mess up i get to push both of ya into the pool" you said as they both looked at you with playful grins.

"alright, we'll see about that darling"

you played football, which ended up with all three of you in the pool in your clothes. after drying off & changing you all ate together & got to know eachother more, watched some tv & finally... you got to fall alseep in tom's warm & loving arms for the first time in a while. today was definitely a day you weren't gonna forget.