british bodyguard ; 3

summary: your first event with your new bodyguard by your side went well, but it left you with questions & uneasiness

warnings: mentions of shaky hands (a symptom of anxiety), reference to anxiety.

"Ready for your first event with mr. holland?" marissa asked ask she walked into your dressing room as your makeup artist, rebecca, was finishing your look for the night.

it's been 2 months since you've met tom & you both have become pretty close. he's a great guy & he's also your age, which is nice since you're only surrounded by people older than you at work. but tonight however, was the first night you'd be going to an award show.

it was the billboard music awards & you were nominated in a category, for best new female artist. you've been bouncing off the walls with excitement ever since you heard that you were nominated & now that the awards start in a couple hours, you were getting terrified.

you've never done well in situations like this. you preferred the comforting walls of the studio with your small group of trusted people, not a large stadium like venue with people who are way more successful than you & the press/paps.

you get very nervous & get panicky very quickly whenever you become blinded by the flashing lights of the cameras or the loud shouts of men & women all around you. sometimes they even get physical, which is the scariest of all.

but you wanted tonight to go well & you were hoping for the best. especially since you have tom, who so far has been the best protector you've ever had.

"as ready as i'll ever be" you said with a smile as rebecca now went to your hair, fixing your hair into a half up half down situation with small s hairs framing your face.

marissa chatted with you about who you had to do interviews with, which was only 3 people, where the carpet was, your table & who was going to sit near you & where you needed to meet tom.

he had to go to the venue early with other bodyguards & security so they could go over procedures in case anything could happen, including knowing where the exits were, where the fire alarms are & the medical stations are in case someone is in need of help.

"but y/n, you look beautiful hun. the world is gonna drop their jaws once they see you" marissa said, making you laugh flustered.

"she's right y/n, you look absolutely stunning" rebecca added, making you say thank you to the both of them.

you were wearing a light grey float gown that went down to your feet, with sheer grey fabric at your neckline making a collar, with rinestones littered all over the dress. it was a paolo sebastian dress & you loved it so much. you paired it with shiny grey heels & jewelry to match.

"well dear, i think your ready to go" rebecca said as she turned you around in your chair towards the mirror, making you awe as you saw your reflection.

"alright, i'm ready" you mumbled, standing up & leaving the room after thanking rebecca.

you said that a little too soon, because as soon as you arrived to the venue you already heard the shouts & busyness of the carpet, making your ring clad fingers start to shake lightly in your lap. but you hid it from marissa so she wouldn't get worried.