status update

summary: tom opened up about your relationship on a live accidentally

warnings: few swears

You were resting upstairs in tom's house, in his bed with a warm comforter when he came up to ask you to join him for live. he knew you were pretty tired from going to his parents for the day & helping with his mom's small garden, so he wasn't surprised to see that you were out cold.

he closed the door softly & made his way over to you, smiling at your figure as he carefully leaned over to press a soft kiss to your head. he always thought you looked adorable when you slept, especially when you wore his clothes. thankfully he didn't wake you up.

he then made his way over to his side of the bed & grabbed his phone that was charging so he could head downstairs & not disturb your sleep. before he closed the bedroom door he stopped in his tracks & looked at you once more, mouthing a "love you" before leaving.

making his way downstairs he headed to the kitchen & propped his phone up on the wall that was attached to the counter & started the live.

"hey everyone! i've missed you guys, how are all of you?" he asked with a smile as people started to flood into the live.

"i'm doing pretty well thanks, not much has changed with me in the last couple weeks" he said while reading some comments.

"oh guys i learned a cool new trick..." tom said while opening the utensil drawer & grabbing a large spoon.

tom blew some warm air on the spoon a few times before sticking it to his nose. the spoon started to dangle from his nose & didn't dare to fall, which made him feel pretty darn good about himself.

"ta da!" he said while putting his arms out, laughing a little bit before taking the spoon off his nose.

"anyways, today was pretty boring for me. just went to the grocery to get some food & played some backyard golf with sam & harry" he said as he took his phone with him to head to the fridge.

"it's 9pm & i still haven't ate dinner yet, but thankfully my lovely y/n saved me some food from earlier when i was running errands" he said pulling out the plate you covered with saran wrap earlier for him.

"i didn't even know she was making dinner tonight & she surprised me. she's the sweetest" he said with a faint blush on his cheeks.

tom placed the phone back on the counter & focused his attention on peeling away the wrap so he could put the plate in the microwave. while he was busy doing that he didn't notice that the comments on the live were going crazy about asking who you were.

but with tom being the naive, stupid but caring man he is... he didn't notice it one bit & completely disregarded what he said. he didn't even notice the comments from harry or harrison telling tom to check his messages because it was urgent.

"so... we got some sweet potato, rice, lentils & chicken. pretty fancy eh" he said showing off his plate to the camera before answering some more comments from the live.

"are you dating y/n- huh?" tom said shocked with his eyes wide as he read the comment, placing his fork back down before grabbing his phone again.

"i uh... i'm not dating anyone at the-" tom couldn't finish his sentence because he soon heard your voice calling out for him.

"tommy?" he heard you call, your footsteps coming closer to the kitchen.

"shit" tom said under his breath before focusing back on the live.

"it was really nice catching up with you guys but i got to go now. love you all" & with that he ended the live.

tom huffed a bit before leaning his left arm on the counter, pinching his nose as he shut his eyes. how did they know who you were? did he let something out unintentionally? he didn't remember.

"there you are" you said softly, walking over to where he sat at the island.

"hi love" tom sighed out, giving you a sad smile as you came over.

you pecked his cheek before leaning on the counter, your face looking confused as you saw his facial expression.

"you looked a bit bothered, something happen?" you asked him, lifting a hand to rest on his cheek as you looked at him.

"they somehow know y/n..." tom said sadly.

you looked at him confused before realizing what he meant. the fans know... but how? you & tom agreed on keeping your relationship private for a while due to your fright of being so upfront in the public eye & tom respected that.

"how? i-i'm not mad about it but i... i don't get it" you took your hand off his cheek & held one of his hands, looking at his fingers as they laced with yours.

just as you were about to say something else you felt your phone buzzing in your pocket. you quickly pulled it out & noticed your phone blowing up with notifications. you opened instagram to see what was going on to see a video of tom calling you lovely & the sweetest.

there was another post who said that by the blush on his cheeks confirmed that you were dating him when he mentioned you. you looked up at tom & showed him the videos, causing him to curse under his breath.

"i'm so fucking sorry y/n, i-i didn't even realize what i said... oh fuck me" tom said as he covered his face with his hands again, leaning forward rest on the counter.

"i'm not mad at you tom, it was an accident" you told him as you rubbed his back a bit, resting your cheek on his shoulder as you did so.

"but we agreed we'd keep it private & i messed-"

"tom. don't stress, please. we've been together now for 8 months... i didn't think we'd be able to keep it so lowkey for this long. it's been nice not having everyone up in our business but, i wouldn't mind now if we'd post about us on socials..." you said truthfully, making tom sit back up & look at you surprised.

"really? your seriously okay with it?" he asked, holding your hand again.

you just leaned forward & pressed your lips to his, pulling away a few seconds later.

"i'm okay with it, even though i'm still terrified" you said after, resting your head in his chest as he wrapped an arm around you.

"don't worry doll, spiderman his here to protect you" tom whispered before kissing your head, both of you softly laughing at the reference he made.