"it's sleepy time"

"Pete!" you yelled from the kitchen.

you currently were making some christmas cookies for you & peter in your apartment on Christmas Eve. peter flew in a couple days ago from completing a new mission & he was super jet lagged & just exhausted from all the combat. you quietly had christmas music playing in the background as you were icing the cookies & putting them into the fridge to chill.

after getting no response from him you decide to head to your bedroom to see if he was in the shower. once you opened your bedroom door you saw him passed out of the bed, blankets all over the place & his clothes messily around his suitcase. smiling to yourself you walked over to  the bathroom to have a quick shower, throwing on one of his oversized shirts & some shorts. 

you got onto the bed & smiled at his sleeping figure, moving some of the blanket away from his face so you could see him better.

"hey bubs" you whispered to him, kissing his forehead softly as you ran your fingers ran through his soft brown hair.

"mhmm, don't stop" he mumbled out, a sleeping a smile on his face.

"feeling okay pete? want me to whip some food up for you?" you asked, moving under the covers.

"nooooooo, cuddle with me" he said, opening his arms for you to crawl into.

"that's all you want?"

he just nodded his head & you gave in, moving closer to him & resting your head in the crook of his neck, your fingers dancing along his bare chest softly. he pulled you closer, wrapping an arm around your waist to hold you close. he sighed as he kissed your head, making your cheeks heat up.

"still tired?" you asked as your index finger ran across his jawline.

"mhmm, it's sleepy time y/n/n" he said in the softest voice you've ever heard. you just chuckled at him.

"i love you peter" you whispered, closing your eyes.

"i love you more beautiful" he said as you kissed his collarbone, falling asleep in his warm & protective arms.