baby, it's cold outside

keep in mind in this imagine that tom is 23 & you are 20 !

Your family & tom's have always been very close since you were kids. living about 20 minutes away from eachother meant that the holidays were the time for everyone to get together & catch up. this christmas, tom's parents invited your family to their house for the evening & you were very excited.

you were very close with all the holland boys, especially harry. harry has been your best friend since your elementary school days & your like the sister he's never had. you were currently getting ready for the big night, laying out your outfit on your bed as you were about to hop into the shower quickly.

you washed your hair, did your makeup, curled your hair a bit & put on your outfit. you were wearing a dark green skirt with a black long sleeve shirt with a small sliver necklace. you have yourself a few more looks in the mirror before heading downstairs to head over to holland's with your family.

"well isn't it the y/l/n's! come in come in!" nikki, the mother said happily as you & your family walked into the warm home.

"hi nikki! we've missed you the last few weeks!" your mom said as she talked with nikki for a bit.

your dad walked over to talk with dom & your younger brother went to go find paddy upstairs.

"y/n, hey" you looked to your left & you saw tom, the eldest boy smiling at you.

"hi tom, how are you?" you walked closer to him with a smile & gave him a small hug.

"i'm good, how are you?" he asked, still in the hug with you.

"where's y/n- oh there you are" you heard harry say as he walked over to you & tom.

"hey h" you said, pulling away from tom & giving harry a side hug.

"everyone's in the living room waiting for you guys" he said with a smirk, looking at the two of you as you both moved slightly away from eachother.

"harry!" you whispered as you judged him on the way to the living room, walking behind tom.

"come on y/n, you gotta make a move sooner or later" he said as he sat down beside paddy.

you had a thing for tom, as much as you wanted to deny it. ever since your last years in highschool you found yourself thinking about him more often, blushing whenever you got his eye & whenever he smiled at you your knee's felt weak. you never acting on your feelings though, hiding them away due to the fear of rejection.

& since tom is huge in hollywood now, your chances with him in your opinion were very low. he could get any girl with his looks & personality, any famous girl would be blessed to have him as their significant other. you sat down opposite of tom, harry & paddy on the couch, facing them as the parents sat in the middle.

you all talked for a bit until dinner was ready. sitting at the table, you sat at the end of the table & you were across from tom, harrison who is also a close friend of everyone sat to your right & harry sat next tom on his left. once everyone filled their plates with food, tom's parents were asking about you & your brother.

"so y/n, how's college? everything down at campus" dom asked you.

"school has been good. i'm just happy i'm finally on break, i've been pressured a lot this semester & i'm glad that i don't have to wake up at 5:30am for the next 2 weeks" you said.

"how's the campus?" tom suddenly asked, making you slightly blush.

"the campus is huge, very easy to get lost in. but the library is definitely the best part" you replied.

"why so? because they carry your favourite book series rather than the library downtown?" he asked with a small smirk.

"how did you know?" you said sarcastically as you smiled at him, him returning the favour.

"well nikki, how has the eldest holland boy been doing with hollywood?" your mother asked.

"he's been doing great! i'm so proud of him, he's grown up so fast. he's been signed to many new projects & some of them are going to be released soon. i'm glad he's just happy doing what he loves" she replied.

tom overheard them & started to smile a bit as you glanced at him for a moment. he felt eyes on him & when he looked up & saw you looking him you both turned into a flustered mess. you looked at harry quickly & saw that him & sam had a proud look on their faces as paddy looked at everyone confused.

soon dinner was done & the parents headed to the basement to all chat some more while you & everyone else stayed upstairs. you played board games, just dance & watched a christmas movie in a couple hours. harry suggested to do karaoke & everyone agreed it owlish be fun. once it was set up, paddy& sam did the duet to breaking free from hsm which was definitely a masterpiece.

after a while everyone but you & tom has gone, which got harry's mischievous mind up to something.

"tommy, y/n/n... why don't you both do a duet" he suggested, gaining a small glare from you.

"um-sure" tom said with a slight fade of pink on his cheeks.

you both stood up & talked about a song to do, until you came up with a christmas song. he put the song in on the machine & you both held the microphones nervously.

"i really can't stay, i've got to get away. this evening has been so very nice" you sang as tom sung the other part.

"i'll hold your hands their just like ice, beautiful  what's your hurry? listen to the fireplace roar, beautiful please don't hurry" he sang as he walked closer to you, making you blush as you continued to sing your part.

the boys on the couch all started to smirk at eachother, looking at you both being flustered as hell singing a cliché christmas song.

"i wish i knew how, to break this spell. atleast i'm gonna day that i tried. i really can't stay" you started to move closer to him too, staring into his eyes as you both sang.

"baby it's cold outside" you both sang at the same time, getting caught in eachothers eyes.

the song stopped & the boys clapped loudly as you & tom just blushed at eachother. you both just sat back down on the couch, both of your hearts racing with butterflies for the rest of the night.