late

summary: you missed your bus to school & peter got worried.

warnings: fluff & like 1 swear word

Your alarm clock never went off. that's what you found out when you woke up at 8:45am to your phone ringing loudly. you groaned & picked it up with a yawn.

"hello?" you asked, your voice a little scratchy.

"hi dear, i just wanted to make sure your staying home today" your mom said, causing you to stand up.

"wait what? why wouldn't i be going to school?" you asked, heading to the bathroom so you could get ready.

"well when i went to see if you got up you were still asleep & you've been working really hard the last couple days-"

"did i miss bus?" you asked, cutting her off.

"yes-"

"shit!" you said frustrated.

"hey no language like that. i'm gonna call school & tell them you'll be late alright? be safe honey" your mom said.

"okay sorry mom, love you" you said hanging up the phone.

school started at 8am. you got ready as fast as you could, just slipping on some sweats, a hoodie & some sneakers. you grabbed your backpack, your phone, earbuds & keys & left your house. the walk to school was about 30 minutes so you walked as fast as you could as you blasted the 1975. soon enough, you made it to school & you were glad.

it was now 9:30am & you went to the office to get a late slip & you headed to your locker in a rush. once you made it you saw peter leaning on it, his back against the metal as he had his earbuds in too. your heart warmed at the thought that he was waiting for you.

"peter!" you slightly yelled to him, causing him to look in your direction, his confused face turning into a smile as he saw your face.

"y/n" he said once you were closer, pulling you into a hug.

"where were you? i was getting worried something happened to you & you didn't text me or ned or mj so i wasn't sure what-" he rambled.

"hey. i just woke up late cause of my stupid alarm & my mom. i'm fine, promise" you said, yawning a little.

"you do look a little tired though" he said, breaking the hug & cupping your cheek with one of his hands.

his thumb ran back & fourth gently on your dark circles, which felt so nice.

"pete, your gonna make me fall asleep again & we have to get to english" you said with a giggle, looking at his face which had a soft smile.

"okay let's go" he said, kissing your lips quickly which surprised you.

you looked at him slightly shocked, knowing his not into much pda at school. he just shrugged & took your hand in his & started walking to your english class.

"can we take a nap in the library at lunch?" you asked him, tapping his arm with your free hand.

"y-yeah sure" he said, slightly blushing at the thought of it.

you just kissed his cheek before you walked through the doors of your class, causing him to blush more.

so i has a dream this happened last night & i tried my best to write as close to my dream as possible <3