Jyle - Replaceable

Request by Fuckerbuns
Hope everyone had a happy new year! You all deserve a perfect 2021 and I hope you get it. Well done for making it through 2020 even though it was probably a nightmare for everyone. You are all amazing and I love you! Stay strong :)

Kyle sat on a wall, one leg bent up by his chest and the other hanging freely. He picked aimlessly at the rips in his jeans, twirling loose strands of fabric between his fingers as he made bored popping sounds with his mouth. It was a weekend, and whilst it was too nice of a day for him to be inside studying all afternoon, he had nothing to do outside. Stan and Kenny were busy, and even though Eric had said that he was free, Kyle had decided that he would rather swim in a pool of lemon juice covered in millions of papercuts, than spend today around that asshole. He chuckled lightly to himself, looking up when he heard a faint but familiar clicking sound. He tilted his head, straining his ears to figure out what the noise was and why it sounded more rapid than he felt like it should have. Jimmys flushed face appearing from around the corner gave him the answer he was looking for as the brown haired boy clacked his crutches against the floor, moving with surprising speed. Jimmy looked behind himself, stopping when he saw nothing and taking a moment to rest, panting as he  balanced a crutch against his body so that he could wipe the sweat from his face. He looked up, noticing Kyle and grinning widely, Kyle waving in response to being seen. Jimmy turned his head, looking behind himself again before coming over to his friend. " Hey Ky-Kyle" He smiled. " Hey Jimmy. Why are you so worn out dude?" Kyle chuckled, motioning towards him. " Well," Jimmy began, clearing his throat for dramatic effect and grinning wider. " I was run- running from Cartm- from Cartman" He explained, quickly continuing when he saw Kyle frown in concern. " no n- no , nothing like th- like that. He said my legs were fu- my legs were fucked and then I said just like his mu- mum last night, and then he starting chasing me. Good thing im qu- quick on my crutches and Eric has the fitness level of an o- of an obese 50 year old sl-sloth." Jimmy laughed. " Dude sloths don't live until 50, their lifespans are 20-30 years at the most." Kyle chuckled, appreciating the joke anyway. "Yea exactly, something w-would have to be dead from old age to lo- to lose in a race to Cartman." Jimmy added, making Kyle snort with laughter. Jimmy felt his cheeks turn pink again as he watched the smile spread across Kyles face, his heart thumping in his chest as he listened to his admittedly adorable laughter. " Oh shit" Kyle giggled, noticing Eric finally catching up. He grabbed Jimmy who was still goofily staring at his face, the pair of them ducking into a nearby shop to avoid Cartman seeing them. Jimmy shook his head, snapping himself out of his daze and realising why Kyle had pulled them inside when he heard a whiny voice yelling threats at empty air outside. Jimmy smiled, leaning against the freezer behind him and sighing gratefully at the coldness on his skin. He rolled around, pressing his face to the glass and looking inside. His eyes fell upon a blue ice lolly, the sight of it making his mouth water in anticipation. He shrugged, opening the freezer and taking it out. " While were in h- here" He said. " You want one?" He asked, pointing at the shelf full of frozen treats. " Nah, I don't have any money on me" Kyle explained, making Jimmy scoff. " I'm paying du- dumbass" He rolled his eyes. " Come onnnnn, you s- you saved my ass back there, least I can do is buy you a tr- treat." Jimmy pleaded, pouting at Kyle who smiled, blushing a little at the adorable expression. " I mean, I would kinda kill for a slushie right now" Kyle admitted, making Jimmy smile widely, showing off his braces.  " One slu- slushie coming up!" He grinned happily. Jimmy paid for his ice lolly and Kyles drink, unwrapping it and handing a very grateful Kyle his slushie. " Oh my god this is a-amazing" Jimmy smiled, tasting the ice lolly. " You think Erics gone yet?" Kyle asked, looking out of the shop window cautiously. " I-" Jimmy began, before the woman working behind the counter coughed to get their attention. " Um, you two boys are free to leave out the back if you would like. I saw that angry fat kid outside a moment ago and he is always causing trouble in here, so I completely understand if you want to avoid him. Honestly I would if I were you two." She offered helpfully. " We c-could?  " Jimmy smiled hopefully as the woman nodded, leading them out towards the back door. " Thank you so much" Kyle chuckled nervously as the woman nodded understandingly. The pair left, finding a place to sit so that Jimmy could eat his lolly. " Here looks good" Jimmy noted, the pair flopping onto a nearby bench. " Thanks again for saving m- for saving me" Jimmy grinned. " Its fine dude, anything for you. Thanks for the slushie" Kyle smiled, looking away a little to hide his blush. Truthfully, just seeing Jimmy smile today had been a reward enough for the ginger. " No problem." Jimmy grinned happily. " So what are you up to today? Weird seeing you without St- without Stan or Kenny" Jimmy asked curiously. " Well Stan's dad dragged him out, probably on another one of his weird adventures that I'll be hearing about for months and I think Kenny is doing something with Karen. As for me I'm just kinda here." Kyle shrugged, sipping his drink. " You uh.. You wanna spend today with me?" Jimmy asked, chewing his lip." Really? Dude that would be awesome!" Kyle grinned, his eyes lighting up at the thought. Jimmy felt his heart jump in his chest. Somehow Kyle always managed to make him feel special. Kyle actually wanted to hang out with him, he wasn't just some crappy second choice. Just being around Kyle made his stomach feel warm and fuzzy. He didn't just feel like some sort of replaceable side character when he was with Kyle. He felt different, he felt wanted, he felt loved.