Style - The start of something perfect.

Stan felt sick. The music blurred with the lights as tears clouded his vision. There in front of him stood Wendy,  his girlfriend,  making out with Token. He needed to get out of here.  His head pounded as he stumbled up the stairs, trying to escape the noise. His fingers fumbled with his phone as he typed in the number of the only person he wanted to speak to right now,  but he hesitated for a second.  He looked down at Kyles number,  remembering the fight that they had had earlier. At this point he didn't care,  he needed his best friend right now and even if Kyle yelled and insulted him over the phone,  his voice would still provide some comfort to Stan. " Please Kyle..  I need you" Stan begged in a broken voice,  waiting for his friend to pick up the phone.  " What. " Kyle snapped from the phone.  " Kyle..  Im sorry..  Kyle I..  Really need you...  Kyle I WAS A FUCKING IDIOT..  Please.. " Stan managed to get out through tears.  Kyle hung up the phone and for a second Stan felt like he couldn't breathe.  That was until he turned around to see a concerned looking Kyle staring at him. They both looked at eachother in silence,  the tension from their fight still lingering. It hurt Kyle to see Stan upset,  no matter how mad he was at him,  so he stepped forwards,  wrapping him into a tight hug. Kyle felt tears soaking his shoulder and his own eyes began to mist up.  " Godfucking damn it Stan..  Why do you make me like this" Kyle mumbled to himself,  glad that the music from downstairs was still too loud for Stan to hear him.  " Lets go home dude" Kyle said finally,  pulling away from the hug as Stan wiped his eyes. Stan nodded.  They both walked downstairs,  passing Wendy on the way who Kyle scowled at so fiercely that even the satanic woodland critters from Cartmans story would have run from him. " Nobody hurts my best friend" He mouthed at her,  making sure that Stan saw nothing. They walked out of the door,  glad of the cool air and the quiet. " Kyle.. " Stans voice cracked. " Yea dude" Kyle replied sadly. Kyle expected that Stan was going to expect an apology for earlier, say they weren't friends anymore,  avoid the subject completely or try to justify himself,  so what happened next made his breath hitch in shock. " Im sorry.  For the fight earlier. " Stan said nervously.  He rarely admitted that he was wrong,  so Kyle was surprised to say the least.  " I shouldnt have reacted like that at all.  It was way out of order and im so fucking sorry. You're my best friend Kyle and I- fuck" Stan said,  stuttering as he began to tear up again. "I can't lose you".  He admitted,  stopping walking as he looked at the ginger. " Stan...  I... " " Don't say anything.  I understand if you hate me after today.  I was just confused and..  And scared and..  I didn't want to admit that..  Fuck" Stan interrupted tears falling down his cheeks as he tried and failed to keep his cool. " Stan..  Its okay" Kyle said genuinely,  reaching forward and lifting Stans face from staring at the floor to look at him instead. " I get it..  Im not mad at you okay?  It was a lot to put on you at once and-" " But it wasn't Kyle.  You were just telling me that you like boys. I shouldn't even have reacted at all!  Jesus christ Kyle what kind of friend changes their opinion of their best fucking friend because they are gay?! " Stan said,  raising his voice as he scolded himself,  more tears falling down his face.  " Hey,  Stan..  Look at me okay. " Kyle said softly,  wiping the tears away with his thumb. " I forgive you." Stan looked into Kyles green eyes,  surprised to see that they were red and puffy too.  " Kyle..  Have you been crying? " Stan asked. " Its just hard..  Seeing someone you love so upset.. " Kyle admitted, the word love catching in his throat. " Kyle.." Stan said,  wrapping Kyle into a warm hug as he held onto him like his life depended on it.  " I was only so upset tonight because of our fight..  I don't give a crap about Wendy. Things between me and her haven't been right for a while but..  But me and you are so close and..  I thought I'd fucked it up" Stan said truthfully. He pulled away from the hug reluctantly,  looking into Kyles eyes. The moonlight hit his face in the perfect angles,  highlighting the light freckles dusting over his nose,  and making his eyes sparkle. " Stan I-" Kyle began before Stan interrupted him.  " You didn't let me finish earlier. I said that when you came out it made me realize something,  something that I've been ignoring for way too fucking long. That's why I stormed out.  Because I felt like you were calling me out. I've been pushing it down for so long but..  I feel like its uh..  Time to.. Fuck this is harder than I thought" Stan said,  blushing darkly as he nervously rubbed his neck. " I love you " Kyle said before Stan could finish. Stans eyes shot up,  meeting the red but sure face of his super best friend. " You..  What? " Stan gulped,  afraid he had misheard.  " Thats how I knew I was gay.. " Kyle admitted,  looking away as he blushed even darker. Stan's heart pounded,  butterflies filling his stomach as a warm,  hopeful feeling flooded his chest. His hands seemed to move on their own as they lifted Kyles face to meet his.  " Me too" He said, this time sounding confident and sure.  This felt right to Stan,  like it was always supposed to be this way. He pulled Kyle towards him,  and as their lips finally connected,  everything felt right with the world and somehow they knew,  this was the start of something perfect.