Bratters - More than just a best friend

This might be confusing if you haven't watched the episode " Cartman Sucks"

Request by maddie0sucks

A new roommate? Bradley shuddered, nervously biting his nails as the councilors words echoed in his head. His last roommate hadn't been the best person to live with, Bradley remembered as he rubbed the fading bruise around his eye. The councilors didnt seem to care when someone like hin got hurt. As the door handle jiggled Bradley froze. He took a deep breath, fixing his hair quickly in the mirror and shaking the doubts out of his head. This new person would be better. " AgH! " Someone squeaked as the door burst open and a pale blonde boy stumbled in, accidentally taking Bradley down with him in the process. " Aw gee im so sorry! " The boy apologized, getting up from the floor and holding a hand out to help up Bradley. " Its uh.. Ok" Bradley said, taking the boys hand. Butters smiled cheerfully, his dimples making Bradley widen his eyes. " I'm Leo! But everyone just calls me Butters. You must be Bradley right? Im your new roomate! Or accountabillibuddy or whatever they said. " Butters said happily. " Uh I uh.. " Bradley stuttered shyly. " The door is kinda hard to open, is it normally like that? " Butters asked curiously, turning around as he wiggled the handle again. " Yea sorry, I've asked the counselors about it a lot but they dont really care" Bradley chuckled weakly as he walked to his bed. " WOW! " Butters exlaimed suddenly, making Bradley jump. " YOU HAVE CHINPOKOMON STILL? " He asked excitedly, picking up a toy from the table. " Yea I uh.. I know theyre not that cool anymore but-" " ARE YOU KIDDING? I LOVE THESE THINGS! We're not allowed to have them back home because they mind controlled everyone to try to bomb pearl harbour. " Butters said casually, making Bradley look at him confused. " What? Where do you live? " He asked, his voice cracking slightly. " South park, and yea it was kinda weird but worse stuff happens there, what about you? " Butters asked as he moved the toy around in his hands. " Me? " Bradley replied. " Yea, where are you from? " Bradley looked at Leo, tilting his head slightly in confusion. He wasn't used to people asking about him, they didnt normally care enough to. " Fort Collins. " Bradley replied. " Oh, you're lucky you dont live in south park, it gets weird" Butters shuddered, his mind flickering through random events. " So which bed is mine? " Leo asked politely, putting the toy down as he looked at Bradley. " Hey don't bite your nails they'll get sore" He said. Bradley hadn't even realised he had been chewing them. " Oh right, thanks" He said, choosing instead to put his hands in his lap. " Uh... You can have whichever bed you want, I normally have the bottom because I'm scared of heights a little but its okay if you want it. " He mumbled nervously. " If you prefer the bottom bunk thats fine by me! As long as you're happy I'm happy Bradley! " Butters grinned. The sunlight danced in the window behind him, illuminating his sillohuette and making Bradley feel something in his chest. The two smiled at eachother. Maybe this new roommate wouldn't be so bad afterall. Bradley thought. Suddenly, his eyes widened as he turned away, curling into a ball and facing the wall. " Bradley? " Butters asked confused as he walked towards him. As he got closer he could hear him muttering what sounded like bible verses to himself. " Bradley what are you doing? Are you okay? " Leo asked as he put a hand on his shoulder to comfort him. As soon as he made contact Bradley yelled "THE HEART IS DECEITFUL ABOVE ALL THINGS JERAMIA 17:9!" The room fell silent. Bradley felt hot tears fall down his face as he tried his best to hide them. " Bradley... I don't understand what's happening, but is there any way I can help you feel better? " Leo finally said, in the softest voice that Bradley had ever heard. " Im sorry" Bradley sniffed as Butters sat down next to him. " When I feel unpure things the councilors tell me to say bible verses to myself. " He admitted. " What do you mean unpure? " Butters asked curiously. " You know.. The reason that we got sent here? " Bradley whispered nervously. Still not understanding why he was here, Butters squinted as he tried to figure out what Bradley meant. " Oh were you confused?! Thats been happening to me so much recently. But I dont think its bad to not understand things! I don't think that you did anything wrong. Besides, no one can control whats in their head! " Butters said. Bradley smiled. Although Butters had no idea what was going on, his words were comforting. No one can control whats in their head. That night Bradley laid in his bed, repeating those words to himself over and over again. So what if he was gay. Why was that such a bad thing anyways? What if.. What if the councilors were wrong. He thought as his eyes closed.

It had been two weeks since Bradley met Butters, but it felt like they had been friends for a lifetime. " BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY! " Butters squeaked excitedly as he burst through their door, jumping on his friend in a hug as the pair giggled happily. " My friend said he was going to come visit me soon! I can't wait for you to meet him! " Butters smiled happily. " Ooh, also I snuck you an extra cookie" Leo admitted, pulling a cookie from his pocket and presenting it to him proudly. In reality, the cookie was Leos, he didn't have the heart to steal from anyone, even if it was horrible homophobic teachers. He felt like Bradley deserved a break after the morning he had had. " WOOAH! THANKS BUTTERS! " Bradley said happily, biting into the cookie and smiling in satisfaction. " I uh.. I actually had something I wanted to say to you" Bradley admitted, his face suddenly turning red as he focused on the cookie to take his mind off of his nerves. " Oh? " Leo asked, sitting cross legged on the bed as he waited patiently for what his friend had to say. " I uh.. I like you Butters... Like.. I like like you" He admitted, covering his face with his curls as he finished the cookie. " Well I like you too! " Butters replied honestly. " No I mean.. Like more than just friends. " Butters thought for a moment as Bradley bit his nails. Then it hit him. Bradley wanted to be best friends! " Stop biting your nails" Leo said softly, pulling his hands away from his mouth and instead holding them in his own. Their hearts pounded as they looked into eachothers eyes. " I feel the same way" Butters admitted. They both smiled at eachother widely, Bradley turning bright red. Leo grinned happily. Now if only he could tell Bradley that he liked him more than just a best friend.