Carters - Nothing to you

Request by Stupid_chick_33

As the pair were leaving the class, Cartman grabbed the collar of Butters' shirt, pulling him towards him roughly. " You're coming to mine to study today" Cartman demanded. " Well, actually I uh.." Butters protested, before he was cut off by the death glare Eric threw at him. He sighed. " Yea, sure Eric." He opened his phone, texting Scott to apologise that he wasn't going to be able to come over like he had promised. " Well don't sound so excited about it" Cartman frowned sarcastically. " You don't have to come if you don't want to " Eric rolled his eyes. " No, no I do want to come, its just-" " Ok good, come on then" Cartman interrupted, grabbing his friends arm and dragging him out of the school. " Hey fatass! Didn't you s-" Kyle yelled, before Cartman interrupted. " Fuck off Jew we're busy" .  When they had gotten out of the sight of the school Cartman let go of his wrist,  walking next to him instead. " Ay,  why are you being so quiet? " He huffed, looking over at Leo,  who was staring blankly at the concrete in front of them as he walked. " Answer me! " Cartman demanded,  grabbing Butters by his shoulders and making him face him.  " WHATS WRONG?  STOP BEING SO FUCKING STUPID AND JUST TELL ME. " Cartman yelled in frustration,  instantly regretting how harsh it came out. Butters sighed as he felt tears prick at his eyes.  " Its nothing okay..  Can we just go to your house please. " He said sadly,  pulling free of Erics grip as he started walking again.  Cartman didn't know what to do,  he had never seen Butters like this. He followed after him,  an idea popping into his head when he saw a puddle. Maybe a water fight would cheer the boy up?  Eric jumped into the puddle,  wincing when it was deeper that it had looked,  and the water splashed all the way up his friends legs rather than just playfully at his ankles like Cartman had planned. Butters stopped,  shivering at the cold on his legs as he looked down at them,  turning to face Cartman with tears in his eyes and a scowl on his face. "Sor-" Cartman began,  before Butters snapped. " CARTMAN WHY? " He yelled,  voice cracking as a tear fell down his cheek.  " Its just water" Eric tried to defend himself.  " YOU ALWAYS PULL SHIT LIKE THIS.  JUST.  STOP. " Butters shouted.  Cartman frowned when his friend swore,  he wasn't used to him getting angry,  let alone using those sort of words. Butters scoffed when Cartman stood silent,  and turned around,  continuing to walk.  " HEY,  YOU CANT JUST DO THAT AND..  AND PRETEND NOTHING HAPPENED! " Cartman yelled,  jogging a little to catch back up.  " Why not?  You always hurt me and then seem to magically forget the next second. " Butters rolled his eyes. "  Why are you suddenly being so pissy about it? " Cartman asked,  making Butters scrunch up his face angrily before letting out a breath. " Im just tired okay? " He replied.  " Of what? " Cartman asked,  getting annoyed that Butters was unhappy and that he didn't know why. " Of things meaning everything to me but nothing to you. " Butters replied,  meeting his eyes as they walked.  Cartman realised how tear stained his friends face was. He didn't look angry.  He looked upset.  " Well..  Well..  YOU DONT HAVE TO BE HERE!   IF I HURT YOU SO MUCH WHY DO YOU HANG OUT WITH ME? " Cartman yelled back,  tears filling his own eyes. " BECAUSE I LOVE YOU" Butters screamed back,  and everything seemed to go quiet.  " You..  What? " Cartman asked softly.  " Yea..  I love you okay?  I don't know why,  because all you do is hurt me,  but I love you. And everytime you are mean to me all it does is rub it in my face that you don't feel the same way. " Butters replied bitterly, wiping his eyes on his sleeve as he sniffled. " Butte-" Cartman began gently.  " Just..  Just leave it.  I don't want to hear how much you hate me for liking you or for being gay. Please. " Leo said quietly as they reached Cartmans door. " Lets just study and forget I said anything. " " Butte-" Carman began.  " Cartman please. " Butters begged. " But I dont want to forget. " Cartman frowned.  Leo sighed sadly.  " Fine..  Do what you always do and hurt me more.  Im still gonna love you and I'm still gonna follow you around like a puppy all day because I'm an idiot. " Butters said,  wiping his tears on his sleeve again. Cartman felt physically pained having to watch how much he was hurting his friend.  He hadn't meant to..  He just..  He didn't know that he had been such a horrible person. He grabbed Leos hands,  rubbing his thumbs over the soft skin as he looked at him sympathetically.  Butters smiled sadly,  looking up at Cartman.  " You're not an idiot.  Im..  Im so sorry that you're hurting so much..  And that it's my fault.  I never meant to make you cry. " Cartman said,  his voice cracking as he felt tears threaten to well in his own eyes. " I don't try to be such a shitty friend.  Especially not to you..  You're the only one who stays.. I just..  I appreciate you so much and..  I guess..  Its hard for me to express how I feel and..  These emotions are confusing and.. " Cartman sighed.  " I guess what im trying to say is that...  I love you too.  But you deserve someone so..  So much better than me..  So I tried to push you away. " Cartman admitted,  a tear falling down his cheek.  Butters said nothing,  and Cartman was looking at their hands so he couldn't see his facial expression.  " Im so..  Sorry. " Cartman said,  in the most genuine voice that Leo had ever heard from his mouth. The pair made eye contact.  Slowly,  they got instinctively closer,  until Butters could feel hot breath on his lips.  " I love you Butters" Cartman breathed out honestly.  " I love you too Eric" Butters smiled as the two closed the distance,  kissing eachother softly.  Butters finally felt like he meant something.