Style - I love you ok?

Request by weasq1

Kyle smiled, grabbing his books as the bell rung.  Stan had finally left Wendy for good,  after years of the endless cycle of her hurting him and leaving Kyle to pick up the peices.  The pair were going out to the arcade today in celebration.  His eyes scanned the hallway,  softening when they fell upon his best friend. He felt a small pang of uneasiness when he noticed that he was talking to Wendy,  but he shrugged it off as he walked closer. Suddenly,  his entire world seemed to end.  Wendy pushed Stan against the locker kissing him deeply and Kyle felt his mouth go dry.  His heart broke as he stared at the two,  letting the books that he was holding drop to the floor with a loud crash. Stan opened his eyes,  pushing Wendy away as he saw Kyles broken face,  his eyes wide and glossed over with tears. " You... " Was all Kyle said,  before his expression twisted into a scowl.  " YOU LYING ASSHOLE! " Kyle screamed,  moving without thinking.  His fist slammed into Stans jaw,  sending pain shooting up his arm and across Stans face. " KYLE WHAT THE FUCK? " Stan yelled,  holding a hand over where Kyle had just hit as tears of pain pricked at his eyes. " YOU KNOW WHAT?  I DON'T WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH A PROMISE BREAKING LIAR ANYMORE. " Kyle shouted, voice shaking with emotions as hot tears slid down his face. " KYLE JUST FUCKING LIS-" Stan began. " NO.  IM DONE LISTENING TO YOUR BULLSHIT.  DONT FUCKING SPEAK TO ME EVER AGAIN. " Kyle screamed,  turning around and shoving through the crowd that had formed around them. Stan could do nothing but watch as his best friend stormed away.  When he had gotten far enough,  Kyle slumped down against the wall,  hugging his knees to his chest.  His whole body shook as he started sobbing,  everything replaying in his head. He opened his phone,  about to call Stan like he always did when he needed a hug.  A stabbing pain shot through his heart when he remembered what he had said to him earlier.  Stan was the reason he was feeling like this.  His lockscreen mocked him as two versions of himself and Stan smiled out of the phone,  hugging tightly as they posed for the selfie. He yelled angrily,  throwing his phone against the wall opposite him.  He cried harder as he heard it crack,  peices of it flying all over the floor. Why was this getting to him so much?
The next day at school,  Stan waited in class,  staring at the empty seat where Kyle was supposed to be. He leant on his hand,  wincing when he accidentally pressed against where Kyle had left a large purple bruise yesterday. Suddenly,  the sound of the door opening made everyone turn to look.  " Sorry I'm late" Kyle said blankly,  a dark look on his face. His eyes were red and puffy,  his face tearstained and he looked like he hadn't slept at all night.  Stan could see curls of his hair sticking out from under his hat and Kyle avoided eye contact as he sat down. Stan frowned,  tearing the corner off of his paper.  You okay? He wrote,  biting his lip and folding it as he passed it onto Kyles desk.  Without opening it,  Kyle tore the note in half,  letting the two peices flutter to the ground as he stared ahead. When class was over,  Stan waited by the door to walk with his friend to lunch.  " Kyle I-" He began,  before Kyle pushed past him,  ignoring his existence entirely. He held back tears as he realised that Kyle wouldn't be eating with them today. This carried on for a week, Kyle ignoring him and Stan desperately trying to reach out.  He had had enough.  He didn't care if Kyle yelled at him or hit him or anything,  he just needed to hear his voice again. Stan bit his lip,  looking around desperately. Finally he spotted him.  Kyle was sitting alone on the steps,  poking at his food as he let himself cry. Stan sat next to him,  making Kyle scowl and stand up.  Stan grabbed his wrist. " Kyle" He said firmly as Kyle tried to wriggle out of his grip.  " LET GO OF ME ASSHOLE! " Kyle yelled as tears stung at his eyes. " Please.  Just talk to me. " Stan begged, tears welling in his own eyes.  " FUCK OFF YOU LIAR" Kyle screamed,  pulling harder on his arm. " I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT IT" Stan shouted, angrily.  Wendy had kissed him, if the stupid idiot had let him explain he could have told him that he hadn't kissed back.  He wasn't a liar.  Him and Wendy were over. " BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE YOU OK? " Kyle cried. Stan loosened his grip and Kyle pulled his arm away. He stared back at Kyle in shock. " But you've always been too ignorant to notice"  Kyle said,  his tone softening as his anger was replaced with the pain he had been trying to hide. " Kyle.. " Stan said softly,  standing up and hugging his friend.  Kyle tried weakly to get away,  eventually giving up and wrapping his arms around Stan,  crying into his shoulder. Kyles body shook with his sobs,  hugging Stan tighter,  gripping onto him like his life depended on it. The pair stayed like that for a while,  neither wanting to let go. " It's only been a week Kyle,  but not being to talk to you was torture. It was like not having water when you're dying of thirst. Kyle I need you. " Stan admitted,  rubbing circles into Kyles back. " I realised that I was in love with you a long time ago,  but I thought that you we're straight,  so I tried dating Wendy again to help me get over you. Should have known that was impossible. " Stan chuckled lightly.  Kyle tensed up at his words,  pulling away to look into Stans eyes.  " You..  You feel the same way? " He asked in disbelief. Stan blushed,  looking away shyly as he nodded. " Can we uh..  Can we be friends again? " Stan asked. " No" Kyle said firmly,  making Stans heart rise to his throat.  He wasn't expecting that answer and he didn't know if he could cope with it. " I wanna be boyfriends instead. " Kyle said,  making Stan breath out a sigh of relief as he looked at the teasing grin on Kyles face.  " You asshole you scared me! " Stan laughed as he pulled Kyles hat further down over his eyes. " Payback" Kyle chuckled,  pulling his hat back up and meeting Stans eyes. " I love you so much" Stan sighed,  cupping the side of Kyles face in his hand with a smile. Kyle smiled genuinely.  " I love you too"