Bunny - I love you too Buttercup

Request by Dino_Kiddo

" Its ok Butters,  I take Karens nail polish all the time" Kenny reassured him as they sat down on the carpet. " Yea but..  Doesnt she get upset? " Butters asked nervously,  chewing his lip. " No she says its ok!  She likes when I wear it so she says its fine for me to take it. To be fair,  most of it is mine and I just have it in her room so that dad and Kevin dont make fun of me. " Kenny laughed nervously,  making Leo frown. " Well I think that it suits you. Screw what those guys say! " Butters smiled sweetly,  making Kenny nod,  grinning back at him. " Yea,  screw those guys"  Kenny agreed. " So,  what colour do you want? " He asked thoughtfully,  looking at the bottles. " Hmm... They're all so pretty!  You pick! " Butters said happily. Kenny suddenly gripped his friends hand,  holding it against the different colours as he compared them to his skin tone. Leo blushed,  looking away as he felt Kennys fingers against his own. " This one" Kenny decided,  opening a light blue polish. He traced his thumb over Leos skin as he held his hands closer,  painting his nails carefully. " Your skin is really soft" Kenny remarked,  making Leo giggle. " Maybe yours is just really rough" Butters replied,  looking at how many bandaids he had stuck onto his friends hand. " You should be more careful.  I dont like it when you get hurt" Butters pouted. " Aaaaand done! " Kenny grinned proudly,  letting go of Butters hand as he screwed the lid back on. Leo wiggled his fingers,  admiring the neat work that Kenny had done. " Woah..  This looks so cute! " Butters smiled gratefully. " Your turn! " He grinned,  instantly reaching for the pink. " Watch out,  your nails are still wet" Kenny warned him,  shaking his head as he chuckled at how eager Leo was. " Oops!  I forgot" Butters giggled,  opening the bottle carefully. " After this can we make friendship bracelets?  I brought those ones where you can make words with the beads. " Butters asked,  making Kenny look at him confused. " You know,  where the beads have letters on?  " He explained,  causing Kenny to make a little O shape with his mouth as he realised what he was talking about. " Dude hell yea,  I already know the perfect thing to write on yours! " Kenny grinned enthusiastically. " Oops" Leo winced as he accidentally got some nail polish on Kennys skin. " Eh,  adds character. We can't all be perfect. " Kenny laughed,  not bothering to wipe it off. " Saying that,  you've done a pretty good job for a beginner" Kenny smiled,  admiring his now painted nails. " Thank you!  Im glad you like them. " Butters grinned,  showing his dimples as a light blush dusted over his cheeks. " Do you think my nails will be dry enough now to um..  You know.. " Butters asked shyly,  looking away in embarassment. " Huh?  To what? " Kenny asked blankly. " To uh..  I need to..  Its embarassing" Butters admitted,  hiding his reddening face in his hands. Kenny tilted his head in confusion,  trying to figure out what Leo meant. " What is it Buttercup? " Kenny asked,  lifting his friends head from his arms in an attempt to make him look at him,  but Leo just screwed his eyes shut. " I have to pee" He admitted,  looking away as he pouted. " Oh! " Kenny laughed,  remembering the endless amounts of juiceboxes Leo had been downing earlier. " Umm.. " He hummed thoughtfully,  lightly pressing a finger to his friends nail. " Yep,  they're dry enough.  Now go pee idiot" He giggled,  shooing the boy away with his hand. " Ok!  Oh um,  the bracelet stuff is in my bag!  You can get it out while you wait if you want! " Butters offered,  before hurrying off towards the bathroom. Kenny shrugged,  crawling across the floor towards the hello kitty bag neatly sitting on his bed. He unzipped it,  instantly seeing the kit,  which he took out,  putting down ready. He frowned as something in the bag glittered,  catching his eye. Taking it out,  he realised that it was a book,  decorated with press on gems and glitter glue. He chuckled lightly.  This was so like Butters. He wondered what the book was,  biting his lip. Surely it would be ok just to take a peek right?  He sighed,  looking at the door before cautiously opening the book. He blushed slightly when he noticed the words ' Leopold Stotch's Diary' written across the first page in neat curly handwriting. He knew that he really shouldnt,  but he was so curious. " Im sorry Butterfly" He frowned guiltily,  giving into temptation and opening it to a random page. His heart stopped,  face heating up when he saw the photos that they had taken in a photobooth together a while back. His face was circled with love hearts,  and in glittery pink gel pen the letters K + L were written. His expression softened as he traced the letters with his fingers. He opened the diary to the next page. Surely reading one diary entry wouldnt hurt.

Dear Diary,

Today me and Kenny went to the movies together. It was so cool! The movie was awesome,  but even if it wasnt I still would have had fun.  Just seeing Kenny smile is enough to make my day. I thought that I was going to die when I brushed my hand against his on the way home,  but he didnt seem to mind,  or maybe he just didnt notice. I have to go now,  dads calling me!  Bye Diary!

Kenny smiled warmly.  So that hand touch wasnt an accident that day. He laughed slightly when he realised Butters had thought he hadnt noticed,  when in reality he had been trying to hide the sparks shooting around in his heart. He heard footsteps approaching,  quickly shoving the book back into the bag and opening the bracelet kit just as Leo walked back in. " Oh you found the kit! " Butters smiled,  joining him on the bed.

Later that night,  Kenny laid in bed on his phone,  scrolling through instagram.  He turned it off,  looking across at his sleeping friend and chuckling at how soon he had gotten tired. His eyes trailed down to Leos wrist,  looking proudly at the bracelet that he had made,  that Leo had sworn to never take off. The beads read ' Buttercup',  and were pink and blue. Kenny lifted his arm,  looking at his own happily.  His said ' ken ken' with a little heart charm in between words.  Butters had made it for him after spending at least half an hour trying to decide on the perfect thing to write,  which Kenny had to admit was adorable. Butters whined,  making Kenny turn his attention back to him,  frowning as he watched Leo screw his face into a frown.  He whined again,  twitching in his sleep,  sniffling like he was about to cry. " Kenny..  Dont go.. " He sniffed,  before crying. Kenny sat up worried,  shaking Butters as he tried to wake him up. " Hey Leo,  its just a nightmare! " Kenny bit his lip as Leo started curling into himself. "  Im sorry..  Dont..  Please..  DONT LEAVE ME! " Butters suddenly yelled,  eyes shooting open as he woke up. He was panting heavily,  tears streaming down his face. " Hey,  Leo its ok,  it was only a dream" Kenny said softly, holding his friends shoulders to make him look at his face. " A dream?  Why are we at.. Oh yea" Butters said weakly as memories of the day flooded back. " Kenny" Butters said sadly,  suddenly hugging his friend tightly. " Kenny dont leave me" He cried, tears soaking into Kennys shirt. " Hey,  Butterfly,  you know im never going away. I couldnt if I wanted to" Kenny promised,  rubbing circles into his friends back. " I know that its just..  I dont know what I'd do without you...  You mean so much to me" He admitted. " Buttercup,  I promise you.  Ill stay with you no matter what. " Kenny said honestly,  pressing a light kiss to the soft blonde hair on Leos head. He winced when he felt Leo tense up,  pulling away and revealing a bright red blush on his face. " Did you just uh...  Did you. ? " Butters asked shakily,  his heart thumping loudly. " I saw your diary. " Kenny blurted out.  He couldnt keep anything a secret from this boy no matter how badly he wanted to. " WHAT?  YOU DID? " Butters blushed,  turning even redder as he dove under his blanket,  hiding. " Only one page" Kenny said,  unable to hide a smirk at how embarrased his friend was. " Mpfmhp mpfhh? " Butters groaned, muffled by the duvet. " I can't understand you if you talk like that" Kenny chuckled. " You're one to talk" Butters mocked,  poking his head above the covers. " I said uh..  Which one. Which did you see. " He asked embarrased. " The one about the cinema. " Kenny said casually,  making Butters groan as he hid his face again. " You're adorable you know? " Kenny smirked,  making Butters poke his eyes over the cover to look at his friend. " Do you hate me? " Butters asked shyly. " Hate you?  Butters even if you killed me I couldnt hate you" Kenny laughed. " Well yea because you would be dead" Butters chuckled,  before frowning. He sat up,  hugging Kenny again. " I like you Kenny. A lot. " Butters admitted,  making Kenny smile as he hugged back. " I like you too Leo" He sighed happily.  " But..  But I think I might like you in a different way."  Butters said,  hiding his face in Kennys chest. " Oh? " Kenny asked,  knowing exactly what he meant but wanting to hear it. " I..  I uh..  I love you.  I want to be your boyfriend. " Butters forced out,  squeezing his eyes shut as he waited for a response. He felt his heart drop as Kenny pulled away from the hug,  keeping his eyes shut. Suddenly,  lips smashing into his own made him jump,  shooting his eyes open. " Huh? " He asked after the kiss,  staring wide eyed at the boy.  " Me too.  I just wanted to hear you say it. " Kenny grinned. " I uh.!  Kenny! " Butters giggled,  hitting him lightly as Kenny hugged him again. " So does this make us boyfriends now? " Kenny smiled. Butters nodded. " Mhmm" He agreed happily. " I love you Kenny. " " I love you too Buttercup. "