Dip - Never be alone again

Request by kenny0McCormick

Damien frowned,  tilting his head in confusion as he noticed a boy sitting under a tree. He was alone,  seemingly enjoying the shade as he stared at a book. Damien looked around for people,  shrugging before walking over to him. " What are you doing? " He asked blankly,  making the boy jump slightly. " Oh!  You scared me!  Um..  Im reading a book. " Pip chuckled shyly,  turning his face back to it and gulping. " If youre going to beat me up please be gentle. My stomach still hurts from what Cartman did yesterday. " He bit his lip,  still looking at the book.  Damien looked confused.  " Why would I beat you up? Thats dumb. You havent done anything. " He frowned,  looking down at the blonde. " Oh uh,  sorry I didnt mean to assume!  Its just Eric and his friends beat me up for no reason all the time and uh,  I guess I got used to it. " Pip chuckled weakly,  finally looking up to meet Damiens eyes. Damien felt his heart rise to his throat as he looked at the boys face. He felt a pang of guilt for some reason, saying nothing,  but sitting down on the grass next to the boy,  his back leaning against the tree. " So why are you out here by yourself? " Damien asked, an unreadable expression on his face. " Oh,  I uh..  I dont really have a lot of friends. Well..  Any friends" Pip shrugged,  opening the book again. " Well you uh..  Ill be your friend then. Or whatever. " Damien huffed,  looking at his feet as he kicked at rocks on the ground. Pip looked over at him,  smiling widely. " Thank you" He said appreciatively,  going back to reading his book when Damien didnt respond. Pip couldnt help but grin as he replayed the words in his head. " My names Phillip. But everyone calls me Pip... Because they hate me. " Pip said friendly,  holding a hand out for Damien to shake. " Then I shall call you Pip" Damien nodded,  looking blankly at Pips hand,  not understanding what he was supposed to do with it. " Oh uh..  Right. " Pip chuckled weakly,  looking away. " That was a joke. Damien." Damien frowned. " Huh? " Pip asked,  tilting his head in confusion. " My name is Damien. " He explained,  making Pip smile. " Nice to meet you Damien" " Nice to meet you Phillip" Pip felt his face heat up as he turned his attention back to the book to hide his blush.  No one called him Phillip,  let alone told him that it was nice to meet him. " What is that?  Are you trying to summon a demon? " Damien asked innocently,  prodding the book. " No!  Its just a book.  Its called great expectations. " Pip explained,  giggling at his new friends confusion. " Oh.  I dont get it. " Damien frowned.  Pip chuckled,  going back to reading as Damien looked up into the branches of the tree.  He watched as a squirrel chewed on some sort of nut, dropping peices of it down to the floor. He let a breath out,  eyes following a flock of birds that danced across his field of vision. He hadnt realised how much time had passed as he simply sat there in comfortable silence,  just enjoying the company of his new friend, until he felt a head rest on his shoulder. His eyes shot open wider,  a blush dusting over his cheek as his heart thumped suddenly louder in his chest. " A-Asshole? " He stuttered,  trying to get Pip's attention. " Asshole! " He said again, nudging the boy slightly. " Phill-" He began,  suddenly pausing when he noticed that his eyes were closed. He crossed his arms,  waiting for Pip to wake up as he stared at his face angrily. He hadnt realised earlier how long the boys eyelashes were. They looked.. Nice. The wind swept a strand of hair across Pips face,  making Damien's expression soften as he watched how peaceful he looked. Maybe he would let him sleep for a little bit,  after all,  falling asleep at a time like this,  he clearly needed a rest. Plus,  it wasnt terrible having a cute boy resting his head on his shoulder. Damien sighed,  unfolding his arms. He had to admit,  this did feel kind of nice. He bit his lip,  screwing his eyes shut as he gave into temptation,  leaning one of his arms around the boy and hugging him closer. Pip yawned,  snuggling his head closer into Damiens shoulder,  hugging him in his sleep. Suddenly,  a ladybird landed on Pips book. " AGH! " Damien yelped,  jumping up and making Pip open his eyes. " Huh? " He asked,  rubbing his eyes as he stared at Damiens scared expression. " WHAT IS THAT? " Damien yelled,  staring in horror at the bug. " What? Oh you mean the ladybird? " Pip asked,  picking the insect up on his finger. " DONT TOUCH IT!  IT MIGHT BITE YOU! " Damien said worriedly,  backing away slightly as Pip chuckled. " No its ok!  Come here,  look,  its friendly. " Pip smiled,  and for some reason,  Damien felt like he could trust him,  cautiously sitting back down. " See? " Pip grinned,  letting the bug crawl onto Damiens hand. " Oh..  I guess youre right. " Damien smiled. Pip blew gently on the insect,  making it fly away.  " Now its gone. " He said calmly,  Damien watching it leave. " You know you're pretty cool Phillip. I dont know why the others dont like you. " Damien admitted,  making Pip smile as he blushed,  looking at his hands shyly. " No ones ever said anything that nice to me before. " Pip confessed. " Well, " Damien began,  holding his new friends hands gently. " Im going to make up for that. Ill say all the nice things that you deserve to hear. " Damien promised,  making Pips heart thump louder in his chest. " And Ill uh..  Ill say nice things too! " Pip grinned happily. They were both eachothers first real friends,  and they had a feeling that they would never be alone again.