Style - Bad day?

Request by Rubisco_R

The door clicked closed as Stan got home from work. He sighed, putting on a weak smile as he walked into the living room, sinking into the sofa. " Hey babe! I'll be in in a sec, just doing the dishes!" Kyle chirped happily from the kitchen. Stan stood up, slowly walking into the kitchen towards his boyfriend and lazily wrapping his arms around his waist from behind, burying his face into his shoulder. " How was work? " Kyle asked, smiling at his clingy boyfriend. When Stan grunted in response, Kyle frowned sympathetically, drying his hands so that he could turn around and hug him back. " Not good?" Kyle figured, Stan nodding. " Aw baby" Kyle pouted sadly, pulling away to stroke Stan's hair from his face, kissing his forehead gently before holding his shoulders, making eye contact. " Go have a nice hot bath, we'll get into our matching pajamas and then we can watch movies all evening, sound good?" Kyle smiled, making Stan sigh gratefully. " That sounds perfect." Stan replied,  before pouting again.  " But if I have a bath I've gotta leave you". Kyle chuckled at his boyfriend, shaking his head.  " If you go run it and get in,  I'll come sit with you ok? " The ginger promised,  making Stan smile. " Ok,  hurry then" Stan agreed,  pulling Kyle into a kiss before walking slowly upstairs. " Dumbass" Kyle laughed to himself as he finished up with the dishes, listening to the bath filling up. Even though he hated when Stan was upset,  he had to admit he loved how clingy it made him. It made Kyle feel special that when Stan wasn't feeling great,  he could be there for him,  and even a hug could flip his mood around instantly. When Kyle had finished,  he dried his hands again,  still hearing the taps running upstairs,  meaning that he had some time to kill while he waited for the bath to run. He bit his lip thoughtfully,  trying to think of what to spend his time doing that would cheer his boyfriend up even more.  When his eyes fell upon the blankets in the dryer,  his lips curled into a smile as an idea popped into his head. Stan walked towards the hallway,  watching in confusion as Kyle raced past him into their room. " What are you doing babe? " Stan asked,  laughing when his boyfriend yelled back " YOU'LL SEE! ".  Stan shook his head,  walking back into the bathroom.  " Baths almost ready" He noted,  making Kyle yelp. " AGH!  ONE SECOND! " He screeched,  running past the door holding pillows and thumping down the stairs as fast as he could. While Kyle fumbled around with whatever he was doing downstairs,  Stan decided to take their pajamas out ready for after his bath.  When he had finished,  he walked back to the bathroom. Stan turned the tap off,  removing his shirt.  He smirked when his eyes met the face of his blushing boyfriend,  who was staring straight at his abs with an open mouth. " Like what you see? " He teased, making Kyle look away chuckling at himself.  " No matter how many times I see them I'm never gonna stop reacting like its the first time I swear, " Kyle shook his head,  turning around while Stan removed the rest of his clothes,  plopping into the water under the bubbles. " Kyle it's not like you've never seen me naked before" Stan laughed,  making Kyle blush harder as he turned around to face him,  grateful for the bubbles. " Well yea but..  Shut up" Kyle laughed,  pulling the stool close to the bath and sitting on it. He leant closer towards Stan,  running a hand through his silky black hair before sighing. " So what happened today babe? " He asked. Stan's smile faded slightly when he remembered. " Well,  its not like it was a deal. My boss was just being a prick again. " Stan shrugged.  " Talk to me about it dude,  you know you feel better when you get it all out. " Kyle said softly,  cupping Stan's face in his hand,  Stan leaning into his touch. Kyle listened to Stan rant,  feeling the tension drain for him as he offloaded what was bugging him.  It wasn't anything big,  just a lot of small things that had built up and tipped him over the edge. Stan had to admit that Kyle was right,  talking about this stuff was already making him feel a lot better,  like a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. When he had finished, he took a deep breath,  before smiling gratefully.  " Thanks for listening man,  I know it's probably boring as shit listening to me rant but it helps so much and I really do appreciate it. " Stan said,  making Kyle smile.  " Anytime. " Kyle grinned,  happy to help. " So how was your day today baby?" Stan asked thoughtfully,  turning his head a little to plant a gentle kiss on Kyles hand, which was still resting on his face. " It was nice,  I got a load of housework done and I even managed to spend some time in the garde-" Suddenly Kyle gasped mid sentence as he remembered something,  his eyes widening along with his smile.  " I was drinking my coffee in the garden earlier and a squirrel came up to me!  It sat on my shoe and then ran away!  It was so cute! " He gushed, his happiness making Stan smile. " That's adorable" Stan grinned. " Yea,  but not as adorable as my boyfriendddd" Kyle giggled cheesily,  making Stan laugh. " Shut up dude" He smiled,  flicking water at Kyle. " You're the cute one" He said truthfully,  making Kyle blush lightly at the compliment. After the two had talked for a while longer and Stan had finished washing,  Kyle handed him a towel as he stepped out of the bath.  " Thanks dude" He smiled,  wrapping it around his waist as they walked into their room to get dressed. " So you gonna tell me what you were doing downstairs yet?" Stan asked as he plopped onto the bed, Kyle taking his own clothes off. " You're so impatient, just wait a second" Kyle laughed, throwing Stan's pajamas at him. Stan chuckled, pulling them on as Kyle did the same. " C'mon" Kyle said, wiggling his fingers and holding out a hand to signal for Stan to hold it. Stan looked at Kyle suspiciously, taking his hand and following him downstairs. No matter how many times they did it, Stan still felt his heart flutter when he felt his boyfriends soft hands in his own. He couldn't help but get distracted tracing his thumb over the freckles. Kyle was so perfect, even down to the placements of the tiny brown dots on his fingers. Kyle chuckled as he watched him, the pair now standing in the living room, no longer walking. He coughed to get his attention, then nodded towards the sofa. Stan followed his gaze, eyes lighting up when he saw what Kyle had been doing. In front of the tv sat the most comfortable looking pillow fort Stan had ever seen in his life. He felt his eyes well up with tears as he hugged Kyle suddenly, making him yelp in surprise. " Its only a fort" Kyle laughed, hugging back. " Yea but its just.. you're such a good boyfriend and I.. you saw that I had a bad day so you.. You just know exactly what to do to cheer me up and.. I love you so much, I'm so lucky to have you"  Stan cried tears of happiness. Kyle smiled, shaking his head at his boyfriend. " You're such an idiot. I love you too." Kyle laughed, kissing his head. " Now let go of me your hair is wet" Kyle laughed, making Stan pull away with the biggest grin on his face. " You are my favorite human in the world" Stan said sappily, making Kyle smile. " And you are mine".