Scutters - We don't need the others

Request by MeltThisMarshmallow, sorry that it took so long 😅

" Go away Butters" Kyle rolled his eyes.  " Aww gee,  but we wanna come too! " Butters asked hopefully,  Scott nodding in agreement.  Cartman looked at the pair in disgust.  " Sorry guys but this like a main four kinda deal" Stan shrugged.  " Mmph" Kenny agreed.  Left behind yet again,  Scott sighed sadly.  " Hey,  its okay Scott,  we dont need those guys to have fun" Butters smiled reassuringly as they were left alone. " I guess you're right" Scott agreed unconvincingly, putting his hands in his pockets.  Determined to prove to Scott that he was right,  Leo had an idea,  grabbing his friends hand as he raced to his house. " Slow..  Down..  Butters" Scott panted as he tried to keep up.  " Sorry! " Butters smiled apologetically as he let go of Scott,  running up his driveway and towards his door. " Wait here!  I'll only be a second! " Butters yelled,  the excitement in his voice making Scott smile.  He kicked at rocks as he waited for Leo to come outside again, wincing when he overestimated the weight of one and it nearly hit a car.  Eventually Butters came out of the door,  a hello kitty backpack slung over his shoulder and a granola bar in his mouth.  " Mmph- sorry I got distracted" He apologized,  motioning towards the bar he was finishing as he walked up to Scott. " What's the bag for? " Scott asked curiously, frowning as he tried to figure out what Butters was planning.  " You'll see" Leo said,  swallowing his mouthful as he put the empty wrapper in his pocket. " Where are we going? " Scott giggled as Leo skipped happily,  humming something about apples. " You'll seeee" Leo repeated,  looking pleased with himself as they made their way down the street. " Are we goinggggg..   To the arcade? " Scott guessed,  before Leo shook his head.  " Hm...  How about....  The park? " He asked,  but Leo just shook his head again in response.  " I wanted to do something that you like that we can't do with the others. " Butters hinted as Scott just looked more confused.  " Huh? " As the pair walked up the path to Starks Pond,  Scott still had no idea what Leo had planned. Suddenly,  Butters stopped near a bench,  putting his rucksack on it as he began to unzip it,  pulling out a plastic bag of what looked to be stale bread. " Bread? " Scott asked curiously,  until the ducks splashing behind him made him realise. " Those guys always say that feeding ducks is gay,  or for girls,  but I know how much you love it,  and I love it too! " Butters smiled happily. Scott felt his face melt into a warm smile.  He had only spoken to Butters about how much he liked feeding the ducks one time,  but somehow he had remembered. " Here! " Leo smiled,  handing him the packet as he grabbed a piece,  walking closer to the water. Scott admired the way that the breeze blew sandy blonde hair against Leos face,  realising how adorable it was when his friend would blow it away and giggle. Butters tore the bread,  throwing it towards a duck,  careful not to hit it. He watched in anticipation whilst it swam up to the food,  grinning at Scott cutely when it ate it. Scott shook his head when he realised he had just been standing just staring at his friend.  He smiled back,  walking closer and sitting down next to him. " Scott! " Leo gasped excitedly,  pointing to a swan.  " Its so pretty! You should give some bread to it " Butters smiled. " Ok" Scott agreed,  taking a slice as he bit his tongue in concentration.  Butters giggled cutely.  " What? " Scott asked,  turning to look at his friend.  " You stick your tongue out when you concentrate" Leo explained,  smiling in amusement.  " Do I?  Sorry. " Scott apologised,  expecting him to make fun of it.  " No,  no!  Its actually really cute! " Butters smiled,  making Scotts face heat up as a blush dusted over his nose. " Oh uh..  Thanks" He smiled,  brushing a peice of hair out of his face.  " The swans leaving" Butters chuckled,  raising an eyebrow as it began to swim the other direction.  " Oh right!  The swan! " Scott laughed at himself,  throwing the bread and smiling happily when the swan started eating. " Nice throw" Leo grinned,  punching his shoulder lightly and making Scott blush deeper.  Punching shoulders... He had seen Stan and Kyle do that all of the time.  The fact that Leo did that to him made  him feel like maybe he wasn't so weird,  he felt like he fit in,  like he was one of the guys.  Was this what friendship felt like?  He thought to himself. It felt good. " Butters... thanks for doing this with me today" Scott smiled, watching the birds swim as he rested his hands on the grass next to him. " Its no problem! I love spending time with you Scott." Leo admitted, blushing slightly. " You know, I don't think I want to hang out with those guys anymore. They just treat us like shit and today is making me realise that hanging out with people shouldn't be like that."  Scott sighed. " I think you're right... I don't wanna be mean about them but Eric does like to mess with me like.. a lot. " Butters admitted, looking down as guilt for talking badly about his friends pooled in his stomach. " Hey, Leo" Scott said softly as he noticed the frown on his friends face. " Don't feel bad for saying how you feel. You deserve so much better than how you are treated." Scott reassured him, sighing happily when the frown faded from his friends face. " There was uh.. there is actually something I've been meaning to tell you. Its not relating to this situation and it's kinda dumb but.." He began, cutting himself off before he convinced himself to keep the secret. He took a deep breath in as his friend looked at him curiously, his big blue eyes making it even harder for Scott to keep his composure. " I uh.. I like you a lot Leo" He said, blushing as he looked away. " Well gee, I like you a lot too Scott!" Butters grinned happily, holding his friends hand as they made eye contact. " What is it?" Leo tilted his head as he saw that Scott was holding something back. " I mean... More than a friend" Scott forced out, squeezing his eyes shut in fear. " Like a best friend?" Butters asked obliviously. " Yea" Scott sighed, losing confidence. " Oh." Butters smiled weakly as he let go of his friends hand. " I thought.. nevermind" Butters looked away to hide the sadness on his face. " Whats wrong? Are we not that close? Oh God do you not want to be best friends? Im sorry!" Scott panicked as he picked at his nails nervously. " It's not that at all!" Butters reassured him, waving his hands frantically as he tried to calm down his friend. " I just uh.. I guess I like you in a different sort of way than you like me" Butters admitted, blushing as he looked at his friend. " What do you mean?" Scott asked, his heart racing in his chest. " I.. I love you like.. in the way that people who get married love eachother" Butters explained. " But its totally okay that you don't! I'll get over it" Leo chuckled nervously as he rubbed his knuckles together. " You.. you do?" Scott asked hopefully. Butters nodded in response. " I think.. I think I like you like that too" Scott smiled, making his friend look up at him with wide eyes. " Do you wanna be uh.. boyfriends with me?" Butters asked shyly, grinning when Scott nodded enthusiastically. He squealed happily, jumping on his friend and tackling him into a hug, the pair laughing when they fell backwards onto the grass together. They smiled contentedly, lacing their fingers together and looking up at the clouds as Leo rolled off of him and onto the floor next to him. " I guess you were right, we don't need the others to have a fun."