Jimtim - One letter meant the world

Request by Fandomtrash3000 and AfrikkinPERSON Sorry that I haven't updated in a while but I hope everyone is ok and having a great day!

Timmy sighed as he watched Jimmy bite his lip thoughtfully, trying to figure out the answer to a question he was working on. " Hey T- T- Hey Tim, you see where I went wr- wrong?" Jimmy smiled at him finally, pushing the book towards him. Timmy hummed, scanning over the paper until he found the simple error his friend had made. " Timmy" He said, pointing to the mistake and hoping that Jimmy would understand. The brunette followed his friends finger with his eyes, squinting for a second until he realised that he had accidentally written that 3+2=7. He chuckled  at himself as Timmy handed the book back, smiling. Their fingers brushed against eachothers momentarily, sending a blush rocketing over Timmys face, which he looked away to hide. " T..timmy" Timmy mumbled in apology. " Hey I think that my brai- that my br- that my brain is done for today. Wanna go get icecream?" Jimmy asked, checking the time on his phone. " TIMMY!" Timmy smiled enthusiastically in response as the thought of icecream filled his brain. " I'll take that as a y- as a yes" Jimmy laughed, packing his things away in his bag. " Shit!" Jimmy yelped as he lost his balance, falling from the chair as his legs collapsed beneath him. " TIMMY!" Timmy yelled in concern. He felt his heart sink as he realised he couldnt help, he couldnt even hand him the crutches that had been knocked to the floor because of his chair. Tears stung at his eyes as he watched his friend giggle, shaking himself off and crawling over to his crutches. " Im fine Tim" Jimmy reassured him as he got up, smiling back at his friend. " S- seriously. I just thought that the floor needed a hug." Jimmy joked, making Timmy smile a little, shaking his head at the stupid joke. " Wh-what a wonderful audience" Jimmy bowed as he said that dorky catchphrase he was so attatched to." N-now, Icecream!" Jimmy grinned, slinging his bag on his back as he walked with his crutches towards the exit. Timmy sighed, trying to push down the feeling of helplessness as he put on a smile for his friend, following after him. " S-so, you ready for the test tommorow?" Jimmy asked as they made their way to the icecream place. " Timmy" Timmy laughed nervously, meaning that he wasnt. Jimmy was used to dechiphering the meaning behind what Timmy would say, so he laughed, giving him a look of reassurance. " H- hey, I'm sure you'll do fine. You're r- you're really smart." Jimmy said truthfully. Timmy sighed, his smile faltering slightly. How could Jimmy call him smart when he hadn't even learnt how to say anything besides his own name. " Hey, stop it. I kn- I know that look. " Jimmy said firmly. " You're thinking about the fact th- that you can't sp- speak like us right?" He asked, earning a weak nod from Timmy. " Well, in case y- in case you forgot I'm not ex- I'm not exactly perfect at speaking either. But th- thats what makes us special ya know?" Jimmy said as they walked. " We're in th- we're in this together." Jimmys words made Timmy smile, feeling less alone. Sure, he was trapped inside his body, but when he was with Jimmy, he felt free. He felt normal. Maybe things werent so bad afterall." Pl-plus, it's a part of who you are, and I- li- and I really- I l- And I really l-" Jimmy said, getting irritated that he couldnt get his words out. " And I like everyth- everything about you" Jimmy finally said, sighing in slight annoyance at his stutter before smiling warmly at his friend. Timmy wished that he could tell Jimmy how much that meant to him. He wanted to tell him so much. How he made him smile, how he made him feel like a normal person, how he made him feel not so alone, how pretty his hair looked in the wind. Timmy's thoughts were interrupted as the pair arrived at the shop, the click of Jimmys crutches getting faster as he sped towards the door. " Gentleman" Jimmy grinned as he leant on it, holding it open for his friend with his back as he wobbled. Timmy smiled gratefully, laughing at the dorkiness of his bestfriend as he drove his chair inside. " Hello Jimmy!" The woman behind the counter smiled at him. " He- hey there Mrs Stevens" Jimmy grinned back. " The usu- usual please" Jimmy said in a terrible british accent, pulling an expression that was supposed to help his James Bond impression, but ended up just making him look like he was trying really hard to stop another Mr Hanky from being born. ' Jimmy you look constipated you adorable idiot' Was what Timmy tried to say, but all that he could manage was " Timmy" As he laughed at the boy. " His name is Jimmy dear, not Timmy" The woman explained, looking over at Timmy. " Timmy-" Timmy said, trying to explain that he knew, but he could only say his own name. " No, Jimmy" The woman repeated. " He's not trying to say my n- name" Jimmy explained awkwardly. " Right... Well, what flavour do you want dear?" She asked, turning her attention back to Timmy, who looked to Jimmy for help. " Timmy" He said uselessly, hoping that somehow his friend could find a solution. Jimmy bit his lip thoughtfully, before grabbing a menu from the counter, holding it out to his friend with a proud smile on his face. " P- point at the one you w- the one you w- the one you want" Jimmy explained. Timmy smiled appreciatively, pointing at the chocolate icecream. Jimmy turned around, ordering for his friend as Timmy reached into his pocket, fingers clumsily fumbling for his wallet. " Timmy" He said as Jimmy got his own money out to pay, making Jimmy turn to look at him. " Timmy" Timmy smiled, his expression showing his friend that he wanted to pay for the both of them. " Oh i'm sorry I dont unders-stand" Jimmy teased, wanting to treat his friend. Timmy huffed, before pouting up at his friend, knowing that he understood him. His pleading eyes were too much for Jimmy, who sighed, giving in and letting his friend pay. " Fine, but I owe you" Jimmy smiled gratefully, handing Timmy the icecream. Timmy shook his head, grinning happily that his friend had let him pay. " Thank you boys, come again!" The woman smiled as the pair left with their ice creams. " You're amazing, you know that right" Jimmy smiled honestly. Timmy opened his mouth, wanting to say that Jimmy was the one who was amazing. He wanted to thank him, to tell him just how much everything he did meant to him. Determination surged through him as he tried to force anything other than his own name out of his mouth. " T... T... T" He began, the strain in his voice making Jimmy look at him in confusion. "T...immy...imm...tim.. J.. " He struggled."Jimmy!" Timmy said. Both boys' eyes widened at the noise. " Wh.. What did you just say?" Jimmy asked in disbelief. " J..Jimmy" Timmy repeated, a smile spreading across his lips. It wasnt much, not even a sentance, but it was a start. " You said my name" Jimmy said, his own eyes welling up with pride. " Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy!" Timmy giggled as hope filled his chest. He had managed to say one new letter, but to him, even one letter meant the world. It was a sign that things were getting better. A sign that with Jimmy by his side, anything was possible.