Style - Last Name

Request by kylexstanforlifeee

Kyle snickered, watching Stan stick his tongue out in concentration as scribbled intensely on some paper, the note he was writing taking longer than any of the previous. Kyle shook his head, writing " Dude what's taking so long?" on a peice from his own notepad and leaning across to place it on his friends desk. Stan read the note, frowning at the ginger, writing something quickly in the corner of Kyle's note before handing it back. " Mr Marsh did I just see you passing notes? Detention with me after school today. Half an hour." The teacher snapped at the pair. "But sir th-" Kyle began in protest. " Quiet Mr Broflovski. Be glad im not punishing you as well." The teacher scowled, continuing with the lesson that neither boy had been paying attention to. Stan groaned, placing his head in his hands as he stopped working on the note he had been taking so long to write, putting it in his pocket and focusing instead on the classwork. Kyle frowned in sympathy at the boy, feeling guilty that he was in trouble because of him. Remembering the note, Kyle sighed, opening up the paper ball to see what had landed his best friend a detention. His heart caught in his throat, a quiet choked spluttering noise emitting from him as he felt his face go red. " You should change your last name to Marsh." Was what the note read. Was this Stan flirting? He had no idea that he felt that way about him. How long had he felt like this? Why hadn't he told him before? Why did it make Kyle feel so... Good? Kyle shook his head, stuffing the note inside his pocket before anyone else caught a glimpse of what it said. He nervously looked towards Stan, groaning internally when he saw the boy completely focused on the front of the room rather than him. " Stan.. STAN!" Kyle whispered, an annoyed look forming on Stans face. " Shut up I don't want another detention" Stan hissed back at him, Kyle about to ask about the note but deciding he had already gotten the boy in enough trouble this lesson. He sighed, hand ghosting over his pocket as the words replayed over and over in his mind. He should change his last name to Stans? Why would he say that? Was it a marriage proposal? But they were way too young to get married. Kyle Marsh.. It didn't sound too bad as he played with the idea in his head. The more he thought about it the nicer it sounded, and the more it seemed to make sense. He couldn't imagine life without Stan. The bell sounding interrupted his thoughts, but before he could catch his friend to talk, the rest of the class had started moving, desperate to get home and pushing Kyle with them. " Goddamn it MOVE!" Kyle snapped, but it was no use as he was forced out of the room, the door slamming behind him leaving Stan, the teacher, and a few others who had managed to get a detention earlier in the day in the room. Kyle sighed, pacing a little on the spot as he debated whether to just go home. He made his way slowly down to the main entrance, before groaning loudly and walking back towards the classroom, slumping against the wall next to the door when he realised that he wouldn't be able to think about anything else until he had cleared this up with Stan. Waiting the half an hour was his only choice. The next thirty minutes were the most stressful of Kyle's life as his heart raced in his chest. He waited, occasionally kicking at things that had fallen on the floor. When the initial shock wore off he realised that thirty minutes with nothing to do was overwhelmingly boring, and he opened his phone to scroll through an app to pass the time. Finally, the sound of chairs moving came from the classroom and Kyle's heart rate spiked again. He shot up from the floor, waiting nervously at the door as it opened. " Kyle? The fuck are you doing here still?" Craig frowned as he left the room. " S-Stan" Kyle managed to choke out through his nervousness, making Craig shrug. " Figures" He said blankly, flipping him off as he made his way towards the exit. Stan walked out next, not noticing his friend as he stared at his phone. " Stan" Kyle said quietly, placing his hand on his friends shoulder and making him jump. " Jesus. The fuck you doing here still?" Stan chuckled a little. " We need to talk." Kyle said seriously, making Stans face drop. " About what?" Stan asked as the pair began walking out of the building. " You really don't know?"  Kyle frowned, Stan thinking a little before his eyes shot open and he flushed red. Kyle couldn't mean.. How did he find out? " Wait it's.. Its not what you think.. " Stan began, before Kyle pulled out the note from earlier. " You want to marry me? " Kyle asked, making Stan look back at him blankly. " Huh?" He asked, all worry flooding out of him as he realised Kyle was talking about something completely different to what he had thought. " You said... I should change my last name to yours. " Kyle frowned, making Stan burst into laughter as he took the note he had been taking so long to finish in class out of his own pocket. Unable to speak through his laughter Stan held up what Kyle now saw was a doodle of him with a cowboy hat on, a sketch that had related to an earlier conversation. The drawing had an arrow pointing to Kyle, with a the words ' Senõr Broflovski " written on the other end. As Kyle looked at the scribbles surrounding his last name , he quickly realised what Stan had meant." I jus- I meant because- Your last name- Is hard to spell" Stan forced out through laughter as an embarrassed looking Kyle pouted at him, finishing his sentence. " And marsh isn't yea yea I see that now asshole" Kyle scowled, looking away. Stan wiped tears of laughter from his eyes as he calmed himself down, smiling at his friend. " Hey don't be such a pouty little bitch about it" He joked, voice soft and despite his words the sentence had no bite behind it. " Fuck off" Kyle grumbled, Stan ruffling his hair with a hand that Kyle swatted away. " Doesn't sound that bad though eh? Kyle Marsh.. Hmm.." Stan said thoughtfully, only making Kyle blush harder. " Seriously stop joking about stuff like that dude" Kyle frowned. Suddenly, Stan gripped his shoulders, pulling him to face him as he forced their eyes to meet, Kyle noticing the very serious expression on his friends face. " Who said I was joking?" Stan said softly, ready to laugh it off and pretend he was just teasing if Kyle pushed him away, but a part of him hoping that he didn't have to, that he could finally be honest about what he felt. He waited anxiously for a response, feeling his nervousness grow as Kyle stared into his eyes, also searching for whether his friend was serious or not. Stan squeaked in shock when he was pulled forwards into a sudden and unexpected kiss. His muscles tensed, gradually relaxing as he melted into it, realising how badly he had wanted this. It felt like with every second of the kiss, Kyle was taking away a huge burden. He didn't have to keep his feelings secret anymore. H never wanted this to end.