Bunny - Care to dance?

Request by  GilbertBeilshmidt8

Ok so I really liked this request,  wrote it,  hated the oneshot,  deleted it and made it again but with an entirely different plot.

Kenny sat at a table, the happy music blaring in his ears mocking him as he watched his prom date dancing with Clyde. He felt like this shouldn't hurt as much as it did since he hadn't really wanted to go with her, but he still felt his chest aching at the realisation that nobody had actually wanted him. He sipped his glass of punch bitterly, wishing that someone would just spike it already so that he didn't have to deal with this feeling. Someone had been pacing back and forwards behind him for a while now, and their indecisiveness was starting to annoy him. " You can sit down if you want to" He stated bluntly, not looking up. The person quietly sat down next to him and he sighed, not registering who it even was as he messed with the confetti on the tablecloth.  A familiar smell filled his nose, making his heart flip in his chest as he felt a whole new wave of pain. It smelt like vanilla and strawberries, the same smell that followed the person who Kenny had actually wanted to come to this stupid prom with. Butters. He wished he had asked him before Cartman did. After Cartman demanded that Leo had to go with him, Kenny was so heartbroken that he had just agreed to go with the first person who asked him. He felt his eyes well up as he thought about what could have been and he bit his lip as a tear slid down his face. " Why.. why are you crying Kenny?" The person sitting next to him suddenly asked, in the a voice so soft that Kenny barely heard it, although it was still enough to make him jump, quickly wiping his eyes on his sleeve. " Im not!" He snapped, eyes widening when he turned to look and was met with the slightly hurt expression on Leos face. " Oh.. it's you. Sorry Butters" Kenny sniffed apologetically. " Don't worry about it. You wanna go get some air with me?" Leo offered, pointing to the outside area and smiling kindly. " That uh.. That actually sounds pretty nice" Kenny smiled weakly making Butters' eyes brighter as they both stood up. " What about uh.. What about Fatass?" Kenny asked, pointing over to Cartman who was stuffing his mouth with the snacks at the buffet. " Eric? He'll be fine." Leo said, pulling Kenny out of the room quickly and hiding behind the wall as Cartman turned around, eyes scanning the hall. " What was that about?" Kenny asked curiously as Leo relaxed, letting go of him and walking to a bench. " I've been trying to get away from him all night, he just wants to eat and sabotage Kyle's date" Butters told him as he slumped onto the seat followed by Kenny. " I was actually wondering why you of all people would come to prom with that.. thing"  Kenny grimaced, smirking when he saw the smile that Butters was trying to hide. " Eric's a nice person! He just uh.. well" Leo tried to defend him, but ended up giving up. " Okay you have a point.. I only came with him because he didn't exactly give me a choice. I mean, he kind of more told me I was coming with him than asked, and you know how hard it is for me to be rude to people so I guess... here I am." Butters shrugged. " But... didn't you want to go to prom with someone you actually liked?" Kenny asked curiously, lifting up his legs and crossing them in front of him on the bench. " Well yea... but the only other person I wanted to go with had a girlfriend" Butters admitted shyly. " Damn" Kenny said apologetically, putting a hand on Leo's shoulder for reassurance. He quickly pulled it away in shock however when he watched his friend start to tear up. " Hey its okay Buttercup, dont cry!" Kenny panicked, picking at his black nail polish nervously. " How could I fall for a straight guy?" Butters said quietly as fat tears rolled down his face. " You can't help who you like Le, its alright." Kenny said gently, trying not to let the pain that he was feeling show. He wished that Leo would fall in love with him. He would treat him so much better than the stupid straight guy who broke his heart without even realising. For some reason, Kennys words only seemed to make Leo cry more. " Please stop being so nice... it's making this so much harder" Butters said through his tears, making Kenny frown in confusion. " I don't understand.." Kenny said, his voice breaking when he felt like he was hurting Leo more. " I don't expect you to Ken... I'm pretty sure your date is missing you, you should probably go back inside to her" Butters sniffled, scrunching into a ball. " As if Bebe cares about me. She only asked me to take her so that she could say she went with someone and I only agreed because my crush was taken". Butters looked up, eyes wide and glimmering with what Kenny could have sworn looked like hope. " But.. shes your girlfriend" He said, wiping his nose on his sleeve. " No she isn't, look, shes litterally twerking on someone else right now" Kenny said, pointing to the glass door. Kenny couldn't help but reach out to his friends face, wiping his tears with his thumbs. " Hey Leo, it's okay dude" He said softly as Butters leant into his touch, looking up at him with big blue eyes. " Who uh.. whisidicrsh?" Butters mumbled inaudiably, " Huh?" Kenny asked as Butters hid his face with his sleeves. " Whshsdkcrsh?" He mumbled again, and Kenny pulled his hands away to reveal a bright red blush dusted over Butters' face. " Who is your crush?" He said clearer this time, scrunching his eyes shut as Kenny still held his wrists. Kenny chuckled. " Why are you so embarassed?" He smirked at the small boy who pouted at him adorably. " Just answer" Leo said, chewing on his lip as he looked away. " Well, he's a-" Kenny began, but stopped when Butters' eyes widened. " He?" Leo asked. " Yea..? Wait... you didn't think that I was-" Kenny smirked, grinning when he realised what was happening. "N...no!" Butters stuttered, clearly lying. " Well, my crush is the most adorable person in the whole of south park." Kenny teased, loving the colour that his friend was turning from embarassment. " He has the cutest blonde hair.." Kenny said, letting go of Leos arm to stroke his soft hair. " And the prettiest blue eyes" He continued. " And he is the kindest person I have ever met" Kenny carried on. " You have any idea who he might be?" Kenny asked teasingly as Butters lied, shaking his head and wanting to hear more of what Kenny thought of him. " Well, he's also really innocent, and he can make friends with just about anyone, and he always sees the good in people." Kenny smiled. " And, he's also really dumb if he thinks I dont know that he's figured out who I have a crush on by now" Butters spluttered at this, just making Kenny smile wider. " Wanna take a guess who he is?" Kenny asked as Leo leant forwards, burying his face into Kennys chest in embarassment. " I love you Buttercup" Kenny whispered into Leo's ear as the two hugged eachother tightly. " I love you too Ken" Butters said, looking up from the hug with the biggest grin Kenny had ever seen on his face. " Prom's not over yet" Kenny said, looking at his watch and standing up. " Care to dance?" He smirked, holding out a hand.