Katakuri x reader | It Takes Time

"Are you sure you're alright?"

At Whole Cake Chateau, the atmosphere was buzzing in anticipation for the wedding of Charlotte Pudding and Vinsmoke Sanji. The day before, a woman with (h/c) hair and bright (e/c) eyes was stood looking at the groom-to-be as he sat in one of the many extensive rooms, alone.

"I'm fine, thanks." He muttered between a lit cigarette as he leaned back in his chair.

The woman walked further into the room, a bag in her hand which she threw onto the table in front of him, taking a seat on his left. Sanji looked surprised as he slid he gaze over to her.

"Honestly, I can tell you're not. Don't worry, been there done that." Her grin was plastered across her face as she kicked one leg over the other and leaned into her hand. Sanji raised an eyebrow and took out his cigarette, flicking some ash off the end before taking another drag and looking away.

"What? You a Charlotte sibling or something?" His question was genuine but he snapped his head towards her as she laughed loudly.

"Hell no, I'm a Charlotte, not a sibling," her (e/c) eyes slid to look into his solemn ones, "My name is Charlotte (y/n) - the wife of Charlotte Katakuri, second son of Charlotte and one of the Three Sweet Commanders."

The blonde's eyes looked her up and down, catching a glimpse of a single sword against her side while she wore a short, green dress-shirt and darker shorts: a large, black trench coat finishing her figure.

"I don't think checking me out before your wedding is a good plan," Sanji just blushed awkwardly at her words as she grinned, "but trust me, you'll be okay."

He looked down as she spoke, the smile on her face dropping.

"Look, man. I know who you are and that you care for your crew, but if they try rescuing you," she paused with a sigh, "they'll just face the consequences."

"Did you mind getting married?"

(Y/n) looked over at Sanji before placing her hand on her chin.

'Did I mind...?'

Standing there in front of Big Mom was a woman much smaller, a hand on her sword's hilt for comfort and protection.

"So yes," the massive woman picked up a screaming cake and threw it into her mouth as if it wasn't just speaking and very alive, "I would like you to join this crew and marry my son, Katakuri."

Walking outside of the room felt like a weight had been lifted from (y/n)'s shoulders. Big Mom wasn't exactly a saint and anything she says, goes.

On the right side of the door, Perospero, a man who wore a bright yellow jacket and a strange top hat that fit his intriguing features, waited for the woman to make her exit.

"All set?" He sounded as if he was ready to go on a picnic, when in reality, he was about to be taking the woman to once more meet the man she was set to wed.

"Yep. Don't really have much to ready." A smirk was on Perospero's pale face as he began to direct (y/n) towards a room with a large door, leaving her standing outside it as he mentioned he would see her later.

Pushing the threshold open, (y/n) saw the back of the man she was stuck with for life.

"I'm surprised Mama let you off with nothing," Katakuri spoke through his beloved scarf as he turned around, arms crossed, "considering you were once on a rival crew."

(Y/n) placed a hand on her hip, a frown on her face as she watched the unmoving man as he stood by the window.

"Honestly I was expecting to die out there!" (Y/n) playfully shivered with a smile, the mochi man only raised an eyebrow at her.