Ace x reader | How Lucky I Am

Request for the guessing game winner, aeiredeernymph !

The room was completely calm.

There was the occasional creak of the ship's wood as it rocked upon the surface of the ocean, and the sound of light breathing. Small puffs of air that trickled from your mouth, tickling the skin of your boyfriend whom you lay against.

One of his hands were woven into your (h/c) hair while the other rested gently against your back, occasionally tracing circles into your skin. His dark eyes looked down upon your lovingly, something of a subconscious smile twitching at his lips.

You were beautiful to him. All the way from your (e/c) eyes to your silky-smooth skin. You were kind and you were gentle, something he almost didn't deserve.

Yet here you were, in his arms with your own wrapped around his middle. Your head on his strong chest and your lips slightly parted, eyebrow occasionally twitching within your slumber. But all in all, you looked peaceful. Like an angel, he would say. To Ace you were the world, and he still had to pinch himself to believe you were actually his.

Though, it did take a long time to get you...

The morning sun beat down upon the deck of the Moby Dick. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the sea was as calm as can be, lightly lapping against the hull. Not just that but few people were out on the deck, only a smattering of life here and there.

That included you, leant up against the railings.

Smiling to yourself, you gazed out into the sea that stretched far beyond what your eye could see. The waters glistened and shimmered and the light breeze ruffled your hair. It smelt of salt and each fresh spray was comforting - your home was truly upon these oceans.

Though the peace was nice, it was easy to break. Especially since you were on a ship full of men; rowdy men at that.

"Will you get off!"

The sound of your older brother's voice broke through the air. You sighed lightly at shot a quick glance over your shoulder, watching as two of your fellow crew members wrestled like kids.

Thatch looked half asleep while the raven haired Ace cling to him like a magnet, clearly trying to get his way over something.

"Not until you cook me some food!"

The younger man whined loudly and you started to giggle from afar, caught up in the hilarious nature of the situation.

Gripping Ace's head the poor brunette tried to pry him off, though the stubborn man was only holding on tighter.

"I can't do that if you're tackling me, you massive idiot!"

You started to laugh harder and louder to the point that both men paused in action, looking over to where you stood. Leaning against the railing for support, you were doubled over. Though you quickly calmed down once you noticed they were looking, going red in the face and casting your eyes away.

Thankfully to Thatch, Ace saw this as an opportunity and bounded over towards you. He had a spring in his step that just made the older man scoff; dusting down the front of his shirt before exiting towards the kitchen.