Shachi x reader | Gingerbread Man

"SHACHI I FUCKING SWEAR!"

The morning was young: not even the sun had risen above the horizon as the chilly breeze ruffled the exterior of the Polar Tang. Your crew and yourself tended to be early wakers - your captain included as he usually had some form of work to attend to. However, on this specific day, it seemed that the majority of the crew had decided on taking a lie in.

"Sorry, sorry!"

With a slightly flustered and awkward grin, the redhead raised his hands above his head in surrender. You had been cooking yourself breakfast considering you thought you were the only one up, well until Shachi decided to waltz into the kitchen. You were so caught up in what you were doing, that the man scared the living daylights out of you when he placed his arms on your shoulders from behind.

"You better fucking be."

With a pout on your lips, you turned back to the French toast which was sizzling away in the pan; being completed with a dashing of pepper. Shachi was leaned up against the counter next to you, his jumpsuit zip lazily drawn down to show the black tank top he was wearing underneath. His eyes followed you from behind the shades which perched on his nose bridge, watching as you moved food onto your plate.

"Am I not getting any?"

Taking a glance over your shoulder, you saw him raise an eyebrow at you. Rolling your eyes, you turned and poked him hard in the chest - earning a little pained grunt from him.

"Do I look like this submarine's cook to you, gingerbread?"

The aforementioned redhead looked you up and down jokingly, placing a hand to his chin in false thought. You were mid turn back to your plate when you went flying back into him. His chin rested on your head as he sighed loudly.

"But (y/nnnnnn)!"

A blush quickly rose to your face as you turned around to face the man properly. There was a frown on his face in protest as he began to slide his hands around your waist. You tried to stay angry at him, but you simply couldn't; your eyes travelling from his dark lenses to his lips. There was a moment of silence as the cooking you hadn't yet finished sizzled in the background - Shachi's gaze still on yours. He began to lean in right until his lips touched yours.

He often thought you tasted of cherries: that was probably as you wore cherry lip balm most days. Shachi's hands moved lightly under the back of your t-shirt, rubbing his thumb tenderly over your lower back. You reached up and ended up knocking his cap onto the counter behind him, tangling your hands into his red hair. Light moans left your lips as he continued to kiss you, a smile on his features as he pulled you even closer than thought possible.

"It seems like shutting up isn't an option for-"

Shachi still had his hands around your waist as you had yours in his hair when the worst happened. The door to the kitchen had cracked slightly open, someone poking their head through to angrily growl at you for being loud.

It was Law, of all people.

His irritation turned into surprise as his eyes slightly widened, then shifted into a smirk as he raised his eyebrows. It seemed as if you didn't hear him, considering he was just watching two of his crew members have a hot make out session with no awareness of their surroundings.

"Good morning, Shachi. (Y/n)."

Suddenly, both you and the redhead pulled apart, his hands still under your shirt as you both went a bright red. The embarrassment of having your captain walk in on that was bad, but not as bad as him finding out then and there what was going on between the both of you.

The thing was, no one in the crew except for Penguin knew of yours and Shachi's relationship. You weren't looking for it to be overly open, knowing the crew would completely hound the both of you twenty-four seven. It had been going on for a while, so it was no surprise to the both of you that everyone would eventually find out. But on an early morning while you were cooking in the kitchen mid make out was not the ideal way of someone finding out: especially your captain.

"C-captain!"

Shachi tried to hide his blush by turning away slightly, pretending he was pouring coffee. As if that would save your skins now. You were staring wide eyed at your captain who stood in the doorway, leaning on the frame casually with a raised brow. You were so caught up in embarrassment that you didn't notice the last piece of French toast you had put on the stove began burning, sizzling up into the air around. Noticing the burning, you lurched for the pan and yelped as you began to dash to the sink to put out the tiny fire. Law would not have been pleased at all had it been for the scene he just wittnessed.

"So what do we have here?"

Both you and Shachi were faced away from your captain, trying your very hardest not to go any redder than you were. It was bad enough he found out, you didn't need for him to carry on breathing down your necks.

"Oh that?"

Just at the right time, Penguin walked in the door and stepped past Law - letting out a loud yawn. Shachi turned around and Penguin gave him a friendly nod, wiggling his eyebrows at his best friend before snatching the container of coffee from him and pouring his own cup. Penguin then began to wander over to the two stalls on the other side of the counter at the small breakfast bar, giving a massive, cheeky grin to Law while you and Shachi still ambled about awkwardly.

"I'm surprised you haven't heard them, Captain."

Shachi launched around in a one-hundred and eighty turn and glared at his friend from behind his glasses.

"Hm?"

Law and Penguin's teasing conversation was making both you and your lover want to be swallow up into the floor or eaten by a seaking. Penguin laughed and looked you directly in the eyes from under the bill of his cap; your expression telling him that if he was to carry on speaking, he wouldn't live to see another day.

"I feel bad enough having a room next to Shachi, let alone hearing him banging (y-"

"PENGUIN!"

~~~

24.02.2021

Author's Notes

I LOVE HIM.

I ARGHHHH

YES.

Cya

- TransponderSnail