Kin'emon x reader | Foxfire

Request by yellow_art_is !
Also we are just going to ~ pretend ~ Kin'emon isn't a married man.

"Y-You-!"

It had been a good few hours since your crew had arrived at Punk Hazard. Curiosity from your captain and a rather alarming distress call were the things which had brought you to this strange island. For the majority of the time, you personally had been staying on the ship; making sure nothing happened while chaos ensued inland.

The one thing that had stumped you, was the man who stood on the deck of your ship; the child alongside him.

"What's wrong, (y/n)?"

Your stuttering words had brought about total confusion inside of your crew. Trafalgar Law, who happened to now be an ally, included in that confusion. Eyes wide, you began to back off even when Nami had questioned if you were okay.

"I- there's no way."

The cogs in your brain were whirring at top speed as you looked from the man down to the child.

Looking slightly down at you from his tall stature, the black haired man gave you a confused hum - taking a look up and down your body before placing a hand to his chin. His gaze had travelled the very traditional blue yukata you wore, even landing on the sword which was at your hip.

"I don't see people wearing such things outside of where we come from,"

You could feel an impeding sense of shock overcome you as he spoke clearly, the crew still completely baffled as he assessed you.

"You must also be from Wano Ku-"

With no hesitation, you waltzed right up to the man and grabbed him by the collar of his gi, dragging him towards the kitchen door. A few crewmates called after you in all of their disarray, watching alongside the child who called the name of his "father" as you slammed the door.

Pushing him on the chest, you sent him flying at the sofa in which he attempted to catch his breath. You were still partially in shock, heart beating in your ears like a drum beating in an army march. He gave you such a surprised look at the fact you just launched him into a seat as you tried to calm yourself down.

"What are you-"

"How..."

You could feel how your nails began to carve half-moon circles inside of your palm from how hard your fist clenched. Eyes darkly shaded, you felt yourself become confused and overwhelmed all at the same time. The man just watched on, gritting his teeth slightly as he watched you place a hand to the hit of your katana.

His eyes only got wider as he watched the blade becoming slowly more exposed as you slid it from its sheath, the silvery colour shining in the dim light. A strained gasp left his mouth as the cold, metal tip kissed his throat; having to tilt his head back ever so slightly so it didn't draw blood or dig in further.

"How..."

The tension rose, but was cut by the slight clink of your blade. Your hand was shaking, and it took the man by surprise as you the dropped the sword in its entirety: eyes stinging with tears as you looked directly into his gaze.

"H-how are you still alive? I thought all the retainers had died? So you're saying that..."

Trying to stop yourself from crying by holding your hands to your head, you shook ever so slightly from both shock and relief.