Penguin x (male) reader | Just One Big Distraction

"Dude."

Silence.

"Dude, you okay?"

Nothing.

"Penguin, Oi!"

The call of his own name snapped Penguin out of his trance, his cheeks flushing a violent red. Shachi paused his action of shaking his friend's shoulders, giving him a confused look. The brunette was beyond flustered, hurriedly turning back to the pipe he was fixing. Both him and the redhead were down in the bowels of the ship doing maintenance with some other members of the crew, working away at different pieces of machinery.

Shachi watched past his dark glasses as Penguin worked, almost looking like he was faking doing actual stuff just to hide something. His eyes wandered to where his flustered friend was once staring absentmindedly, noticing a certain someone was stood there.

You leaned up, wiping your forehead with the back of your wrist. The jumpsuit you wore that the rest of your crew also had was tied around your waist by the arms, your v-line just about showing. Penguin lifted his head to glance at you, blushing further as he noticed the sweat-shined muscles of your arms and chest contract; a self-satisfied smirk on your lips as you looked pleased with your work.

"So that's what's distracting you, huh?"

With a start, Penguin jumped back a little - almost hitting his head on a circuit box above him. He looked over to see Shachi with a grin stretched far across his face, one that looked teasing.

"N-no? bro, what? Never-"

How convincing.

"Dude it's chill, you like him don't you?"

The brunette felt his face drain of colour as he snapped.

"Shut up, he'll hear! Besides, he's so much older than me! So no, I don't!"

Penguin hissed, trying to quieten his friend down so that he wasn't too loud. All his efforts were for naught, though, as you cupped one large, callused hand around your mouth.

"Penguin!"

A chill ran down the man's spine.

Shachi even shut up, standing to his feet to step out of the way. Penguin silently begged he would stay, giving him a glare that meant death as you swaggered over. Your shadow cast over him, his eyes meeting with yours from under the bill of his cap. The smirk on your face broadened, hooking your thumb over your shoulder, motioning to the door.

"I gotta show you something."

A fleeting look of shock on his face, Penguin scrambled to his feet to begin following you as you exited. Shachi leaned in momentarily, whispering a "good luck" in his friends ear with the wiggle of his eyebrows. He had no clue where you were taking him nor what you wanted from him, only shuffling along behind you. You walked with strides, slightly slouched as your hands were shoved in your pocket.

Penguin's eyes traced each muscle of your back, feeling hot under the skin as he watched you. There was something beautifully rugged about you; maybe it was the small goatee on your chin that matched the colour of your messy, (h/c) hair. Maybe it was the rolling, black tattoo of thunderclouds painted down your chest and shoulder - parts of your back. Possibly even the old scars littering your skin, showing each battle and each hardship you had to endure during your past that was just that bit longer than his due to age.

Although he was happily looking at you from your messy hair to your clunky work boots, Penguin almost walked into you as you stopped outside of your bedroom. His eyes moved away from your frame, finding a spot on the corridor's floor to look at that then transitioned to your floor as he walked after you into your room. It felt like he shouldn't be there, in your space. All of the guys shared one cabin with bunks, however you and Law had your own rooms: Ikkaku too as she was the only woman. That wasn't because of any hierarchy, more just Law found that it was easier to keep you - the actual engineer onboard - closest the the mechanics of the submarine.