Law x reader | Saving Me

There are some pretty abusive things in this, you have been warned.

Even through the clothes which clung to your body, even when you bathed in baths which caused you to be unfeeling to anything else: you could feel his hands.

His hands as they dragged scars and bruises along your soft skin, his hands as they traversed your body. Although once you had called it pleasure, both the pain and the ecstasy, you now called it a nightmare. Loving Eustass Kid was something you had never expected to do, knowing his rough and disloyal behaviour well. Being in his crew was one thing, but being treated like his whore was another.

No love lay where he hurt you; telling you how much you burdened him as he raised hands to you, both when he was drunk and sober. No amount of apologies which came desperately crawling from your lips - saturated with the taste of salted tears - would stop him from leaving you sobbing in your bed. No amount of begging him to stay kept him from sleeping with other women: when you were his lover.

"I'm s-sorry!"

"Stop crying, pathetic woman!"

Kid's knuckles went white as he yanked you forward by the front of your shirt. Tears threatened to fall, your words stuttered through ragged breath. He practically spat his words, his hot breath against your cheeks as he towered over you; scaring you.

"Some women would give their left arm to sleep with me and all you do is cry? Do you know how fucking ungrateful you are?"

The lump in your throat felt like you had a jawbreaker lodged there, breathing becoming harder as your heart clenched. The bruises he placed on your figure caused a drumming pang throughout your body. His shouts rang in your ears, your eyes closing as his nose almost pressed to yours in his rage. The fist which gripped your shirt was still tight, only loosening when he threw you backwards.

Tumbling to the floor, Kid practically spat on you as you struggled in all your pain to drag yourself to a seated position. The cuts which raked your body were still fresh, the ones on your back especially painful when it had collided with the floor. His hand was on the doorknob, turning it with a click as his shadow cast over you like a looming mountain.

"If you come out of this room before I let you, I'll throw you off this ship and no one will save you. Capiche?"

"Yes, captain."

"I love you, (y/n)."

Tears lined your eyes as your insides throbbed from the harsh sexual treatment he gave you. It scared you how he would jump from hurting you and drawing only pleasure of out destroying you alive for his own fun to being eerily soft. His hands ran through your hair as you lay on top of him, your body still as he heart thumped against your cheek. He was giving you a small smile, something you forced yourself to reciprocate.

"I love you too, Captain."

"Give me one reason why you are doing this."

Cowering in a corner, you looked up to the man who towered you with fear in your eyes. Everything hurt, inside and out and so did the way he scowled down to you. His torso was fully exposed, not wearing his usual fur coat as he crossed his arms over.

"Kid, please, I just need a break I can't-"

"YOU CANT WHAT? CANT BE USEFUL FOR ONE DAMN DAY IN YOUR LIFE? DAMN RIGHT."

Suddenly, his foot came down hard on top of you. The impact sent you cringing and gasping in pain. Not only was your body already in pain, you felt like you couldn't protect yourself against him any longer.

"ITS JUST SEX, (Y/N)! GET OVER YOURSELF, HOPELESS SCUM!"

You could no longer cry, just letting him hurt you over and over as you sat. There were no words which could even begin to describe your state now.

You were tired.

You wanted it all to end - all the pain and all the suffering.

You were exhausted...

The scars which littered your body throbbed painfully as you woke with a start. Tears streamed down your face as you buried your features in the soft sheets of your bed. Sniffles turned to silent sobs as you curled up; feeling his hands along your body. They was something that haunted you, those memories which were more than just traumatic nightmares.

They were scars.

"Hey, hey."

Warm.

Breaking you from your shaking mess was the touch of a kind embrace. You had felt all alone, completely isolated in your own mind until two tanned arms pulled you into a tattooed chest. Your breathing steadied as the thump of a heart beat against your cheek, your skin against his who held you. One hand reached up, stroking your hair as you calmed down.

"It's okay, you're safe."

"L-law, I'm so sorry..."

Shivers tickled your spine as you tried to shake your bad thoughts from your head; clinging to the man who you shared a bed with. His goatee was ruffling against your forehead as he placed his chin down above it, his scent of pine forests as he wrapped his arms around you.

"There's no need to apologise to me."

"I'm sorry for burdening you."

Law stopped, his hand pausing on your hair to move away. You sighed heavily, looking away from his eyes which travelled your features. However you were forced to look deep into his golden eyes as his hands which were inked in deep black tattoos held both of your cheeks. The look in his molten-gold eyes caused your heart, which you had sworn once upon a time would never fix, to skip a beat - the noise drumming in your ears like a marching band.

"(Y/n), I love you. No matter what, you will never be a burden to me. I love you more than the world and more than this universe combined with the next, there won't be a day where I think that you are an encumbrance."

Tears came one more to your eyes, however without sadness. Law could see the smile on your face stretch as you heard his words, your bodies tangled together like you were build for one another. Even when your past ripped your trust as you once knew it, the surgeon was carefully piecing your heart back together with each coming day. You never thought you would see the time where you wished to live, wished to see the next day... and the next... and the one after that.

You staying in his hold, your chest pressed against his as you smiled away. It was hard not to, even when the muscles which controlled the action felt stiff and unused. Law was the only one who had made you smile, him and the crew you were so surprised were eager to call you a friend. To call you nakama. His touch was gentle, not leaving any prints which caused hurt to you and only leaving warmth and security which made you feel safe. After all, he was the one who taught you what love really meant.

"Thank you for saving me, Law."

~~~

14.03.2021