Aokiji x reader | I'll Always Be With You (P1)

Request by daddydazailee !

It had finished: the Paramount War.

With victory coming in clean for the Marines and unfortunate loss branding those of the Whitebeard Pirates and their allies, Marineford was left in utter shambles. The clean up would be no joke and the idea was to take this opportunity to relocate the Headquarters, which seemed to be a more sensible idea.

A lot of the people on your side were pretty injured, you included in that. As a vice admiral of Headquarters, you were practically expected to fight until you could fight no more; and that is exactly what you did. A particularly harsh blow dealt by the ex-warlord Jinbei caused you unreasonable fractures to your ribs, gashes to your side and a short coma which you took a few days to wake up from. That all happened nearing the end of the war, so you had held out pretty strongly during that time. But as you woke up, there was the one man you hoped to see by your side.

Each breath you took began to feel loud in your ears as you came back to your senses; slowly feeling your body once more as you lay flat on your back. You managed to pry your eyes open just a little. However that all seemed like a bad idea in hindsight - considering the way bright lights obscured your vision. Each muscle in your body felt rusty, as if you hadn't used them forever when it had only been days. That just shows how the human body works, huh.

Your eyes were blurred, but you were beginning to open them fully. Coming finally into a state of seeing, you realised that the light weren't as bright as you had thought. Alongside of that, there were three people surrounding you in the midst conversation; sounding like a murmur as your hearing adjusted. It seemed as if they hadn't noticed you wake, as you heard no end to their talk as you began to push yourself up. It hurt and made you wince, that's when a small groan slipped your lips and the three stopped.

"(Y/n)?"

You didn't even have to look to your side and see who was speaking to know who it was. A small smile branded your features as a sudden warmth embraced your whole body. From where you sat, you could feel the comfortable grip and hair against your face of the man who held you like you would just wither away if he didn't hold on tight enough.

"Kuzan, hey."

Aokiji could feel your soft breathe against his neck as he held you, sighing loudly before pulling back to look at you. His hands were holding yours, much bigger but so gentle, as you gazed into his dark eyes.

"(Y/n)-chan, it's good to see you awake!"

The change in sound from the quiet call of your name from your lover to the loud and rowdy shout from the man who stood over by the small room's doorway made you recoil slightly. There, crackers in hand and large grin on his features, was your colleague - Vice Admiral Garp.

"Hello, Garp-san."

You travelled your face from the man to the other next to him, immediately going serious when you met with his eyes.

"Fleet Admiral Sengoku, sir."

With a curt nod, Sengoku addressed you. His hands were crossed over and he was looking pretty sober; not even a hint of relief or happiness on his face. Just pure business. You were wondering why he had taken time out of his day to see you, considering how much of a mess the Navy was in and how much had to be done. With a small squeeze to your hand, Aokiji had caught your attention as you turned to catch his gaze. He was now looking just as serious, yet that softness you always knew was still there in his eyes.

"Vice Admiral,"

Sengoku spoke with authority, addressing you directly as you slid your hands from your lover's to sit up further in the bed which happened to be in a private room off of the infirmary. The air was slightly tense, your heart too as if you were about to have some form of huge news dropped on you. Even Garp had gone quiet, Aokiji also listening from beside you in the visitor chair.