Kaido x reader | Reconstructing My Heart

Warning: there are some implications of varying abuses, please take that into account.

He was never you first choice of love.

A monster of a man, someone far more dangerous than any who walked the planet. He was mighty and he was strong, known across the sea and the lands which sat upon the crust of the world; someone who was a legend yet was still standing in person. Still alive for all to see.

In fact, you had never loved him from the start: not until you had overcome your hatred.

"Do you damn job, woman."

With a bottle of Saké in one hand and the other in a fist resting against his cheek, Kaido's glare bore down upon you. Both of your fists were clenched, your nails digging into your skin as your teeth gritted.

"What, and continue to have my life controlled? No thanks."

Suddenly, the whole room shook as the man slammed his fist against the arm of his chair, leaning down to you so you were eye level. There was not even a flinch, not even a move from you as you gazed into his dark eyes. You watched stilly as he growled from the back of his throat, the rumble of his voice loud in your ears.

"What I think you're forgetting, (y/n), is that you are in my crew."

"And it is my life, thank you very much!"

Kaido's eyes went wide with rage, not taking any of your backtalk. His hand went from around the jug of Saké as he moved to grip your jaw, forcing you to look close into his face as he looked you up and down. It was awful, the things you wore. Like the other members of his crew did, you wore the same leathery and annoying, hardly-covering clothes. They seriously left nothing to the imagination.
Even when your heart pounded in your ears, you never moved your eyes from his.

"You will do as I damn say!"

He really did break you often.

Even when you thought you were strong, you ended up shattered. Lying on the cold, stone floor with bruises lacing your skin, you wondered if anything would ever get better for you. Each breath felt painful, surprised you even had any tears left as you cried softly into you hands.

"Will you stop crying, (y/n)."

Kaido's rumbling voice called you to a reality, noticing how he crossed his arms as he overlooked you. There was nothing to suggest he was feeling guilty, the pain of knowing he probably didn't care too much for you to handle - even when you thought ill of him. You looked away, closing your eyes to try and stop the tears. What could you do for him to stop hurting you?

A shadow cast further over you, your eyes scrunching up tighter in complete fear that he would raise another hand to you. You swore you were strong, standing up for yourself. That thought always washed away in seconds, every fibre of your being regretting your choices.

But there was a huff of defeat which caused you to open them again, looking back at the man slowly. Your eyes could only widen as you noticed his hand outstretched before you. It surprised you, the simple gesture. With a shaking body, you let him haul you to your feet and into his massive frame. You couldn't help the tears which fell as he felt warm, gentle too despite his image and what he had done. It was moments like this that you realised; he didn't mean, didn't want, to hurt you.

"Do you... hate me?"

It was one of those days.

Kaido had drunk too much as you sat in his lap, holding onto his arm tightly. There was a blank expression on your face as you looked up, the blank turning into a sad look as you noticed his eyes meet yours. You could see the regret as he spoke his words.

"Hate you? No. Do you need to improve yourself? Most definitely."

Kaido looked away, taking a massive drink from his sake as he sighed. You could feel the muscles in his arm tighten as you held him, brushing your touch along his skin. At first, you went against him. Next, you were hurt by him and now; you had learnt you both needed to be patient with each other.

"I... do love you, (y/n)."

Eyes widening, your expression slowly softened as he spoke; knowing how hard those words were for him to say. You patted his forearm, laughing sadly.

"Kaido, you're drunk."

"I promise you I am not. I mean every bit of it."

It was in that moment where your sword was flush with the skin on Trafalgar Law's neck that you felt anger. The most anger and the most fire towards one person you had ever felt. He was calm, the disguising helmet that was on his head effectively knocked onto the ground as you pressed the blade into him.

"Why am I catching you in Wano, Trafalgar Law?"

You had heard of the infamous rookies.

Unlike most people you came across in the land, you were actually not from Wano. Since there were rookies in your crew's ranks, you knew of them well. But this man being in this place was not indicating a happy ending. A smirk curled on his still features as he tilted his head, the amused look riling you up further. His knowing expression caused you to narrow your eyes and press the sword further, drawing a little drop of blood.

"You think you can do it? What, someone like you?"

"Not alone. He is a monster."

If he had not have pushed your blade away with his own, you would've taken his head clean off. The two of you spaced out, a good few metres apart. You were simply livid.

Kaido wasn't necessarily good to you in the beginning, an unusual boss-worker type attitude which turned into rebellion on your side. However if you knew one thing, it was that when it came to love how he had changed around you. You would protect him like he learnt to protect you.

"If you wish to get to him, you must first get to me."

"I'm... sorry."

Never did you think you would hear those words. It caused you distress to know he was saying them, it was like watching a lion lose his pride. You knew that he would never say that in front of people, never, so it meant something to hear it from him as he sat across from you.

A smile reached both your face and your eyes, making you laugh lightly as you looked up at the Yonko who had just opened up to you. For a man who likes his murder and living as a tyrannical being, he was being a little off.

"Kaido, it's okay. You've learnt how to reconstruct my heart, don't worry."

~~~

08.03.2021

Author's Notes

Extremely OOC Kaido, but I love him so it doesn't matter.

Quick one today, very tired.

I hope you all enjoyed and have a wonderful day, I shall see you tomorrow!

Cya

- TransponderSnail