Akainu x Reader | Subordinate

"Are you joking me right now, Sakazuki. You know this isn't funny!"

"When have I ever joked around in my life, Fleet Admiral."

Sengoku had the bridge of his nose tightly clenched in between his first finger and his thumb, when on the other side of the desk Admiral Akainu had his arms crossed and billows of thick white smoke rising from the cigar being crushed in his tense teeth.

"You say you may not joke but my daughter? Nothing pushes me over as much as this conversation right now."

Sakazuki slammed a tight fist onto the neat desk in front of him, obscuring the many papers and making this and that fall to the floor.

"So it is okay for others to get close to her... yet when she is my direct subordinate, as a Vice Admiral, it isn't okay? Sengoku you are seriously deluded."

The older man was still gripping his nose and clenching his eyes shut with frustration when a knock came at the door.
Sengoku looked towards the door and Akainu turned around as well.

"Enter."

And with a push of the door, Admiral Kizaru walked into the room; bright yellow suit sucking up all the light around him making him stand out like a torch.

"Ah, Sakazuki, Hello. I'm sure you are wanting reports, hmm, Sengoku?"

His amused yet slow voice hung in the air as the tense atmosphere slightly dispersed at the mention of such important notice. Suddenly Sengoku panicked very slightly.

"Shit! I was so caught up in talking to Sakazuki,"

His voice turned more into an accusing growl when he mentioned the latter. Kizaru raised one eyebrow.

"That I forgot. Yes, the report on the rookie's movements is something I need as soon as..."

The room went slightly quiet as Sakazuki dragged his chair backwards and strode over to the door before exiting with a firm close of the handle.

"..."

Kizaru looked at the slightly mad expression on his superior's face; his lips were firmly shut and his eyes were ever so narrowed as he twiddled his intertwined fingers on top of the desk.

"It's about (y/n)-chan once again, hmm?"

The waving voice of Kizaru was slightly cut off as Sengoku closed his eyes and leaned back into his chair, the goat he always kept with him chewing up loose pieces of wanted poster that the fuming Admiral has strewn across the floor in his rage.

"Sengoku-san, she may be your daughter but it isn't like she is young, no?"

Kizaru's words brought a tighter expression to the Fleet Admiral's features.

"It's up to her what to do. I understand that she is a grown thirty-six year old woman,"

Kizaru pulled back the chair Akainu previously sat on and proceeded to sit while swinging his leg over the other.

"But I can't help but worry when Akainu has his hopes on her."

The yellow-clad man let out a laugh to which the Buddha opened his eyes and stared at him for.

"At least Sakazuki can protect her. And you don't trust that?"

Kizaru's question played over and over in the older man's head as he thought hard about it. The stillness and intensity of the room's air undid and calm was restored once more.

"I guess it's a chance I'm giving him then."

~~~

With his arms crossed and taking strides down the corridors of the base, Sakazuki stepped outside, observing a familiar scene.
The courtyard was full: around fifty marine trainees and members gathered in straight lines in front of platform, where in front of that a young looking woman stood.