Akainu x reader | Gifts

Valentine's Day was a big hassle and quite important in Navy Headquarters.

Not nearly with the importance that of a meeting or a mission, but in the way that the men who cared all hoped and prayed one of the female soldiers and members would give them a gift. The majority of the women weren't so bothered; a lot of the men being stupidly doting and extremely insufferable in general when it came to female company. Often those women who were already in relationships would give to their partner, so it was really just or miss on the day.

You, for as long as you could remember, hadn't partaken in any of the giving. Sure, one month later on the day which it was the men's turn to give, you had received a lot of different things from a variety of men. Always, you just thanked them and continued on with your day. To you, justice and work ethic was way more important than chocolate boxes and cards, roses and dates.

Being one of the most conscientious people one could know, you got your head down and worked until you slept when you had paperwork; fought until you won in battle. Often regarded as an elite within the ranks as well as being a vice admiral, you were admired by a good chunk of the force.

Love wasn't something you had or ever thought you would need to experience. Never before had you ever thought about having a relationship. Considering that to you, work was one-hundred times more important than the latter and that love was only something that could trip you up along the way. You couldn't think why; why you began to fall for a man so far out of your reach.

This childish love caused you to slip up. Paperwork was handed in late and even one time, you almost got defeated in the most embarrassing of ways during an easy fight. Having all the praise you did, this only raised questions and you just so happened to be called to the office of Fleet Admiral Sakazuki: the same man you began to fall for.

Why him? That was something you often asked yourself. Especially then, as you walked up the stairs to his office on the top floor, subordinates saluting you industriously as you passed. Already that day, had nobody in particular you wanted to treat. Especially as you wanted to keep your reputation clean and professional. But there was something, maybe even something impulsive in your brain, that told you to buy a gift for one man. For the fleet admiral.

You stalled outside of the sliding doors to Sakazuki's office, trying to mentally prepare yourself for what was to come. Clearly he was getting extremely suspicious one of his best subordinates were falling out of like slightly. You hadn't spoken to him much in a personal way: always making short replies when spoken to. But now wasn't the time to slip up, especially as he had already gauged your presence and called you to enter.

"Vice admiral (y/n)."

Nodding as you stepped into the room with a firm bow, you looked straight into the dark eyes of Sakazuki as he leaned comfortably back in his executive chair. Smoke was coiling around him and up into the air from the thick cigar held between his lips. He didn't seem to be angry, just relaxed completely.

"Good afternoon, Sakazuki-san, Sir."

Your eyes were trying not to trace from his eyes to his sharp jawline, the licks of a scar rolling up from his neck to his cheek.

Leaning forward, the fleet admiral placed his hand interlaced upon the table as he looked you from head to toe. He wasn't meaning it in any way as far as you could tell, but there was definitely a blush creeping up onto your features which you were desperately trying to suppress. Letting out a small hum, he addressed you once more while leaning back again. One of his legs was rested over the other, his heel his opposite knees as his arms crossed over.

"I heard you were falling behind. Now,"

He tipped his head so you couldn't read the expression on his face from under the bill of his cap.

"What would someone like you be doing to fall out of line? Tell me honestly, vice admiral."

"Well,"

The cogs in your head were probably turning so speedily that the man was probably able to hear each and every mechanical clunk. Nothing good came from looking awkward, so you continued to address him with your head held high.

"I am only getting distracted by personal issues, that is all."

"Distracted?"

Of course, he wouldn't let something so much as distraction be a excuse for not working efficiently. Wether he cared for you personally and not just for work reasons, was debatable.

You shuffled in your spot, a small hint of pink continuing to climb the verges of your cheeks as you nodded as curtly as possible.

"Yes, sir."

"What kind of distraction? Is there an issue with your department or with your direct subordinates?"

There was an anxious lump in your throat.

"No, sir."

"Family issues? Issues with a lover?"

Sakazuki's eyebrow raised. You felt even more interrogated than you did mere minutes ago, the tension in the room not resting.

"No, sir. I do not have either of those things."

"I see."

It was a long and slightly awkward pause, his cap now tipped so you could see into his gaze. You felt strange, as if butterflies were jumping around inside of your stomach. Sakazuki didn't seem inclined to break the contact, not until he chuckled. This caught you red handed, your cheeks now going a bright red as he smirked. There was no way he didn't see your reaction.

It was now or never.

"Actually,"

Taking a sharp and quiet inhale, you began to stride over to the man's desk. Each step felt like one thousand years as you came closer and closer to reaching only meters to where he was sat. Reaching into the inside pocket of your white naval coat, you pulled something which resembled a black box; a red ribbon around the middle. You were practically quaking internally as you placed it upon the table to which Sakazuki took it up in his hand - looking between you and the box.

Carefully, he pulled at the ribbon so it fell in velvety loops on the surface of the table. The top was a sliding lid and the box upon closer inspection seemed to be some form of perfectly-cut wood in a dark mahogany. Moving the lid across the top, Sakazuki looked down into it to see six very well presented and extremely expensive cigars. He knew how much they cost, considering he brought the ones only a little less in price. Then, a smirk cracked on his features.

"Vice admiral,"

You were caught up holding your breath, only just noticing as the man gestured for you to move closer. With hesitant steps, you moved around his large desk as he stood. He practically towered you, being a lot taller than you in height and very built. Once more, you were caught up in his gaze as he moved one hand around your back as he pulled you in closer to him. Leaning down, you could feel his breath against your ear as you could smell the smoke of his current cigar.

"I think we discovered your distraction, hm?"

You could feel his fingers creeping down your spine as you shuddered. Honestly, you couldn't believe what was happening as he took the cigar from his mouth and stumped it out into his ashtray before moving his other hand to hold your cheek. Head nodding as much as you could make it in your trance, you watched his smirk grow wider as he finally moved down to take up your lips.

Let's just say you weren't alone any longer.

Bonus:

"(Y/n)!"

Garp was bounding over to you, a mischievous look on his face as he addressed you. You were clearly just trying to get on with your day having just gotten in a relationship and wanted nothing more than a happy sleep.

"Hello, Garp-san."

The man laughed, looking around and cupping his hand to your ear. He whispered quietly... well as quietly as he could for he was Garp.

"Everyone in headquarters knows about you and Sakazuki, and what you both did!"

A blush shot across your face as you scrambled away from him with an angry flush.

"H-hey..."

~~~

14.02.2021 (Valentine's Day)