Usopp x reader | My Sunshine Man

The sun was slowly rising into the horizon, just peeking from behind the bright blue yet calm seas that spread far and wide. As the crew was usually extremely hyperactive and loud, this was a rare turn of events - the event of silence and only one person on deck. A young lady stood, no older than eighteen, at the railings of her captain and crew's ship which bobbed on the waters. The coral shorts with the turquoise knitted jumped wrapped her body as the day was neither a summer's nor winter's day; but more of a early-ish, warming spring one. Her gaze was set on the landscape when a door behind her opened and out came one of her crew mates, Zoro.

"Hey, (y/n)." He gave the woman a small wave as she turned around to flash him a smile at the swordsman before he made his way to his favourite training room. "Morning, Zoro."

He was indeed a member of the crew but one, if they had only observed the two for a minute, wouldn't say they were close. But they were doing considerably better than when they first met... definitely, as she had whacking him upside with a nunchuck after knowing him two seconds. But that isn't the point.

After the sun began to break from the form of the sea, more of her nakama piled out one by one. After Zoro came Brook, then Chopper. Afterwards Luffy came, already yelling about needing breakfast to which Sanji was behind him, ready to respond to his needs. Nami came out with Robin, having slept in longer than their female crew mate and roommate. Franky was next along, yelling about his "being super, as usual" ways; and they all came out on deck.
As things started for the morning up, Nami walked over to (y/n) with a smile, waving and laughing quietly.

"Heya, (y/n)! Yikes you were up early," the latter awkwardly smiled as her redheaded friend jokingly sighed. "What were you even thinking?"

They both laughed briefly as Sanji came over with two steaming cups of coffee in his hands, flamboyantly twirling and handing them to the ladies in converse. As they drank their drinks, the (h/c) haired girl quickly looked confused.

"That reminds me... where is that cowardly boyfriend of mine?" Nami chuckled at her nakama's concerned expression when Franky, who was off to the side talking to Brooke, leaned over and spoke to them.

"Usopp's in the workshop, said he had something to do." The blue haired man smiled at the two as (y/n) looked at him questionably.

"In the workshop at this hour?" Franky shrugged at her question and turned back to his previous conversation.

"Why don't you check in on him?" Nami said with a sigh, thinking that it was stupid of her friend to just stand around if she was so worried. And with a quick nod, the young lady walked away from the other with a wave towards where her lover supposedly was.

It wasn't even a minute before the confused girl had reached the door to the workshop in which Franky and Usopp mainly worked, sometimes herself when it came to helping out. Raising her hand, (y/n) knocked lightly on the pane of glass which was on the door. From behind it she heard the voice of said boyfriend as he scrambled to get to the door. And opening it, the dark haired young man looked down on his slightly shorter girlfriend.

"M-Morning, (y/n)!" Usopp said with hesitation, placing his arm on the arch of the door as he leaned onto it, suspiciously. (Y/n) raised her eyebrow and he smiled worriedly with a small drop of sweat as he looked around everywhere but her eyes.

"Usopp, whacha doing?" Her voice sounded slightly amused as she crossed her arms - leaning on one hip as she tapped her foot, smirking. The man moved his hand from the doorframe and scratched his cheek, eyes wondering off to the left from her.

"N-nothing much! Just a bit of refurb, ya'know!" His chuckled sounded strained as he then looked into his lover's suspecting eyes, slightly gritting his teeth.

"Refurb, huh?" Her smirk got wider as he knew he would have to give in before she gave him hell. And with a sigh, he gripped his nose bridge lightly.

"Okay, okay. Just close your eyes." He sounded slightly excited as she quickly closed her eyes, feeling his hands on her shoulders as he had walked behind her to guide the closed-eyed girl into the workspace.

(Y/n) could feel his soft breaths against her neck as he held her shoulders, tenderly rubbing his thumbs over the top of them as he moved her into the room.
She couldn't see, but from the telling of his hands leaving her shoulders, she could tell he was about to reveal his secret. Usopp went to her side and put one arm around her waist gently.

"And you can open them!"

Her eyes opened and looked down to see something. It's long and cylindrical shape was connected by chains to a twinning shape - a pair of nunchucks. Their body was of a dark blue and the chain was a pale rose, and their actual length differed from normal ones as they came to around one metre each pole. The girl's eyes sparkled as she quickly picked up the objects and looked them over, her boyfriend's touch on her back.

"Usopp, thank you!" Her words were expressing her ecstatic emotions and he chuckled as he saw her so happy. She turned to face him and looked down at the long weapon.

"Reminds me of the first time we met, huh?" He smiled as his lover giggled, him just admiring how truly lucky he was to have her.

'And who are you meant to be?'

She faced a green haired swordsman who had just pushed his luck against her to which she didn't stand for.

'I'm a martial artist, mossface. And I think you'll find that you're standing right in the middle of my garden!' She sounded bewildered and amused at the same time. And sure enough, the man was stood on a bed of flowers.

Suddenly, a group of people ran over to the two and began to call his name. And one young guy who seemed only a bit older than her came towards them and awkwardly put his hands up to stop them arguing.

'L-look! Sorry he did this, he's a lost cause...' he sighed as he spoke which made the mossman angry and turn towards the girl to which she smacked him upside the head with her long nunchucks.

'Zoro!'

Usopp watched as his girlfriend laughed, holding her sides as she did so. He watched the happy tears clung to her eyes, falling down her smooth cheeks as she was bent over double. After straighting up, a blush adorned her face as she looked up into the dark eyes of her lover.

"Thank you so much, Usopp!"

Her hand went to his face as she held him softly, his hand moving almost timidly to her waist to which she smiled widely. She leaned up and placed her lips on his tanned cheeks which were dark with a blush. She giggled as she wrapped her hands around his neck, watching him smile at her, then placing her lips against his; tilting her head to avoid his cute nose. They kissed as she giggled lightly at his soft and loving touch.

"Hey, Usopp! Have you-" Franky burst through the door looking for the man. Suddenly seeing Usopp with his hands around (y/n)'s waist and hers over his shoulders and playing with his hair gently as they softly made out, he awkwardly frowned. "Annnnd I will take that as a suuuuper cue to leave!"

He chuckled nervously and shut the door, the two lovers parting and resting their foreheads on one another. The girl giggled and he awkwardly laughed.

Franky walked abruptly away from the shut door to which Nami and Zoro, who had come down for breakfast, looked at him questioningly.

"Franky, you look like you've seen a ghost." Nami commented, the large cyborg seating himself down and smiling while laughing.

"Well what I have seen was the two lovebird's make out session, which wasn't how I wanted to begin my morning!" Zoro looked disgusted as Sanji fell to his knees, wailing about his precious (y/n)-chan or something. Nami laughed and looked towards the close door to the workshop.

"Honestly I've never seen two people more in love."

~~~

20.11.2020