Doflamingo x reader | Puppeteer

Waking up was another struggle you didn't know could be so hard. Your eyes felt like lead, weighed down by the ton of not being awake for so long. When you expected to wake up on the Sunny, surrounded by your nakama, a minute smile ticked your lips. Another day, another fun adventure.

"Hm? Awake, are we?"

That was not a voice you knew.

With a lick of amusement and joker-ish taunt it was a voice, someone, you hadn't met with before. You were more than sure. Clearly you were right, as when your eyes shot open - quickly forced to overcome the bright lights - you realised you were not in your room.

"Good morning, Miss 'Nightingale' (y/n)."

There was a shadow which cast over you, the gleaming smirk you had not seen before unsettling you slightly. Where were you? Who was he and where was...

"Luffy!"

Without warning, you shot up.

As you sat upright, a shooting pain in your arm caused you to cringe and double over. The pain began throbbing harshly, making your teeth grit as you tried to regulate your breathing. In your state, what brought you back to reality was the throaty yet mocking chuckle which sounded around the room - the chuckle from the man before you.

"I wouldn't do that, if I were you."

The eyes hidden by dark lenses followed you, carefully watching as you threw the covers desperately from your body. You struggled, staggering further and further from the bed which you had deduced as a hospital one; close to a large and ornate door. However, when you lifted one hand to the handle, your knees gave way.

What was happening? Where were you?

"Fuck, damn it!"

Fists clenching, you broke into sobs upon the floor while the man in pink whom you did not know gazed at you with a curious grin.

One punch, two.

Two punches, three.

You could only think of halving the tree in front of you. That was because it was the only way you could become stronger. Ever since that damned Kuma separated you and your crew followed by your captain signalling a two-year parting, you've trained.

Three punches, four.

"Out training when you should be resting, nightingale?"

With a roll of your eyes, you turned to the man. The man who you had come to know was a Warlord of the Sea: Donquixote Doflamingo.

"What? Resting and letting the rest of my crew get a one up? Not a chance."

Ignoring as he watched you, you continued to train yourself. Doflamingo towered high over you, his built body shaded with the pink feather which only his amount of money could buy. His glasses were mysterious, yet his grin was what annoyed you the most. For it was cunning; a look which meant he got what he wanted.

"Training alone might not do much, you know."

Not even looking up for one second from your series of punches, you huffed loud enough for the king to hear.

"Better than nothing."

Doflamingo held one of his skilled hands against his chin, humming in though as one loafer-clad foot tapped on the plush grass. His gaze travelled your body - noticing your slim yet well-conditioned form with its slight sheen of sweat. It didn't take an idiot to tell how hard you were trying, training yourself with a goal at the end of your personal tunnel.