Killer x reader | Mutual

"(y/n), can you pass me that for a second?"

Killer pointed over to the water bottle which was stood on a crate not too far from where he was working. The man had a hammer in hand, trying his hardest to fix a hole in the bow of the ship which was caused by a stray cannon in the last fight.

Nodding, you reached over and then gave it to him. When he took it, his fingers ever so slightly brushed yours, sending something like a jolt of electricity coursing through your body.

"Thanks."

There was no helping the rising heat in your cheeks as you looked away.

"N... No problem..."

You could hear snickers of laughter nearby. They weren't slick.

Looking back over your shoulder, you could see Wire as he tried to hold in his laughter. Very funny.

Giving him a glare, you tried to brush it off and retreat towards your cabin and back to the peace. Although you said it was peace and quiet, your heart was still beating a little faster - a little louder too.

As you carried on strolling across the deck, you were completely sucked into your own thoughts.

Ever since the day you stepped on the Victoria Punk, Killer had somehow managed to worm his way into your mind. Whether it was his charms or his general sensibility you didn't see within the rest of your crew, maybe with the exception of Heat, something had you infatuated with the man. Apparently that was obvious, too.

Your crew loved taking the piss whenever they could.

During your walk back to bed, you ended up being so caught up in your own mind that you bumped right into the bare, pale and scarred chest of your captain.

"Has he really made you that distracted?"

Kid was raising his voice slightly as he mocked you, who was rubbing your head with clenched teeth. Any other time, he would've thrown you across the deck for walking into him.

"Shut up."

"Oi,"

Prodding one metallic finger at your chest, the redhead snarled. He might enjoy joking, but he didn't tolerate backchat. Not one bit.

"Don't you dare speak to me like that,"

You froze as his tangerine eyes moved from yours, looking over your head and then back to your eyes. The corners of his frowning lips turned up and up, until they twitched into a wide smirk.

"Or I'll tell him 'bout those thoughts of yours."

As expected, your face went redder.

You felt embarrassed, knowing that he would most definitely do that should you go against him. What could you say, Captain always won.

Kid could see the bashful look on your face, letting out a coarse chuckle as he straightened out to full height. One hand moved to cup around his mouth, as if he was about to shout. Your eyes went wide and you begun to panic.

"Hey, K-"

In a split second decision, you brought one foot up and kicked the man directly in the stomach. He let out a chocked wheeze and doubled over, the rest of the surrounding crew members looking at you like you had just killed someone right before their eyes.

However, they were partially right on that aspect; you were the one who was going to be killed after doing that.

Now, were trying to run away as fast as you could, until there was a harsh grip to your shoulder and you were sent flying backwards and into the room which housed Kid's workshop. The one you were never allowed in.