Crocodile x reader | Gambling my Heart Away

I cringed rereading this, but I hope you enjoy!

They called you the "Luckiest Woman in Alabasta".

Each night as you would sit up at a table in the casino, Rain Dinners, with a dress which was dangerously short and a glass of wine in your hand - you would end up winning all there was to win.

All the money that was there to take.

Baccarat, Blackjack, Poker, Roulette; there wasn't one casino game you weren't able to win. You practically had money seeping from your being, your smug smirk perched on your stunning features. The (e/c) eyes which were so good at observing others were obscured with dark glasses, reflecting the light of your cigarette which you held between ring-laced hands. Everything from your necklace to your heels were bought with money only a few people could hold, only a few people were lucky enough to win.

"And the lot goes to Miss (y/n)!"

Once more, the sum of berries was pushed towards you from the middle of the table. The men who you had been playing with looked on with anger, eyes twitching as they watched you fold the money neatly into your clutch bad. It was a wonder how much cash was able to fit into such a small bag, but you somehow managed it. That wasn't the only miracle, however, and everyone knew it.

"The winner is Lady (y/n)."

The money was given to you as you smirked, looking down your nose at the man next to you who was despairing over the fact that he had lost his life's savings to you. You put the majority in your bag, putting a few rolls of notes down your cleavage because you knew you would be needing them for your next game. Every time you would get up and wander around, people would whisper your name or want to talk to you. You were a walking icon, somebody everyone envied yet also wanted to get to know.

"One-hundred million berries in cash goes to (y/n)-sama!"

A whole briefcase of money was given over to you; a small grin on your lips as you let the games master give you a bow. The people around you looked on in complete shock, looking between their cards and the poker chips on the table in front of them. You waltzed away, hips swinging as you swiftly took a flute of champagne from a nearby tray in a waiter's hands.

The bar was packed as you sat up at it on a stool, hearing the background buzz of the casino as you closed your eyes. Your champagne had been finished and the bartender was making you up a cocktail, a smile on his face as he poured the golden liquid into a wide glass from the shaker.

"You really are like no one else, (y/n)-sama."

"Why, luck just chose to stick around with me."

Laughing softly, you lit the end of your cigarette with the golden lighter in your dainty hands. The end flared, wispy smoke curling around you and into the air as you took the freshly-made drink from the bar top. Watching behind your tinted glasses, you observed the scene of people with their fancy outfits as they conversed or gambled. From the corner of your eye, you could just about see the figure of the bartender talking to someone; the other man whispering quickly in his ear. It seemed like an important discussion as the bartender nodded, scurrying back over to where you sat.

One elbow was leaned back on the surface, your other hand hold the glass as you gently smiled off into nothingness. The light buzz of noise which was becoming more prominent due to the alcohol was interrupted when the bartender spoke, leaning over so you were able to hear him. His eyes glanced from your back to your briefcase and bag, a bead of sweat rolling down his temple in unbelieving of your luck.

"This may be a little sudden, but apparently Sir Crocodile himself has asked for your company."

Not even so much as turning to address the man, you raised one eyebrow. There was the same man who spoke to the bartender rushing over towards you, offering a courtly hand to help you down from your perch on the stool.