Enel x reader | Goddess in the Sky

As a figure stood at the edge of the cloud, their fingers were held out so that the wind gently whipped them as the smiled brightly. It was a woman; she wore a beautiful dress of light blue and gold trimming that hit around her mid-thigh and had balloon sleeves. Sparkling bracelets of the same precious metal loosely hung around her wrists, some indented with bright jewels. Her hair was loose and a shining (h/c), the light bounced off of it making it shine. She looked so peaceful in amongst the clouds.

"(Y/n)-sama,"

The woman's smile dropped for a second as she heard her name, turning around to meet the smile of an older lady who was wearing servant's whites.

"Oh hello, Clover-san. Are you okay?"

The lady who looked around her late fifties smiled with closed eyes as (y/n) walked closer to her with an equally as strong smile.

"Yes, ma'am. Enel-sama is requesting your return to the shrine."

With the last of her sentence, the kind lady bowed politely and began to walk back to the shrine with (y/n) in tow. Anyone would agree that the place was completely magnificent, just sat upon the cloud. Yet no one would have ever believed that god was so needy to have to call back his lover when she was in the middle of admiring the landscape. People may have wondered about the supposed Goddess of the house, for she didn't have wings, despite being the goddess. But she wasn't a blue sea dweller either. She was raised on the artificial sky island of weatheria, one of the sky islands who's inhabitants had no wings, but who knows where she was truly born.

As the large throne-like seat came into view, the woman smiled at her lover who only smirked as he leaned on one of the arm as sat there. He was usually lying down, but clearly he was awaiting her arrival. After the older servant bowed and went back to her work, Enel pat his knee expectantly.

He always sat with no one around him. Before (y/n) had come, he always used to have woman doing light jobs like handing him assortments of fruit and food, but now he showed the woman that he loved that he was dedicated. And that made her feel special.

Walking up to him, Enel had his hand outstretched for her to take it and she did, sitting down back against his toned chest. His right hand tangled with the smaller woman's and his left had snaked around the front to hold her around the stomach as she leaned back into him.

"My goddess, you have the privilege to sleep in, yet you go out to the cloud's edge?"

His voice rumbled slightly against her back, his thumb stroking her hand lovingly. The woman chuckled as his left moved from her middle to play with some of her hair.

"The true privilege is to have such a view to look over, no?"

Her words made him laugh slightly, his actions stopping as he did. She turned around so her legs were over the arm of the chair and she could now look up at him with a small smile.

"My love, the view is unnatural for the sky but if it makes you happier, anything that makes you happy makes me."

(Y/n)'s hands traced circles on his defined chest, moving along each ridge of his strong abs. His smirk never left his face as he watched the beautiful woman who he had sitting in his lap. One of her hands slid up to his face, holding his cheek in it as she smiled at him. The man who looked down on all those who weren't himself, the man who thought the sky inhabited with people was unnatural. Yet through his selfishness, he was completely and utterly infatuated with the one he called his goddess. He almost held her higher than his own being.

"You have the beauty of Mother Nature, one would think that god himself didn't even deserve such a woman."

His words brought pink to the goddess' cheeks as she blushed, looking down and giggling.

"Enel, you really are the god of flattery, you know."

Her hand retracted from his cheek as he caught it and held it, twisting his fingers into hers. (Y/n) could hear his heart beating loudly as she lay against him. Who would have ever thought that she would be the one in a God's arm.

"I only speak the truth, for I am the all-knowing being."

He laughed along with her as the warm air climbed around the shrine and the sun shrouded it in beautiful light. (Y/n) leaned up and kissed the man's mouth, him smirking into it as she leaned back down. His other hand played with her hair as he held her gently.

"I love you, my goddess."

~~~

31.10.2020 (happy Halloween!)

Author's notes

Enel is pretty cool but I struggled to write for him.

This sounds WEIRD AS but I promise it wasn't, I had a dream last night and Enel was it it. It's like 12:50pm and I just woke up about 50mins ago, (so the earliest I've been up in weeks LMFEJSIJSJEKSJ) and I woke up in a very Enel mood so I decided to write him something.

It's under 1000 words and usually I TRY to do at least 1800 (I would like to say most my stuff has 2200+ words, sometimes 3000*) but this time it was pretty short because I didn't know what to make for mr cocky.

Oh, and happy Halloween!

I'm not too overly bothered about Halloween, but I might carve a pumpkin for the heck of it.

Enjoy reading!

- TransponderSnail

(P.S I'm working on something ;] )

*2022 TPS here - you liar.)